Pixelization Probs - Expert Help Needed

Cornstalkk

7-4-7
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 22, 2005
Ohio
:confused: Ok guys, I need some expert help

I have a Dish 942 and have been very happy with it, however for the past week or so I have been having some issues with pixelization. On the standard SD channels, it usually happens along the right edge of the screen only with it sometimes protruding into the general picture area. On the HD channels, it will basically just pixelate randomly on the screen from time to time, sometimes on darker colors (reds, blacks) it'll look kinda 'grainy' per se. Also I was watching UltraHD and sometimes when there were a lot of colors on the screen at once, the picture just went kinda to hell and looked very digital (almost like if there was low bandwith with streaming video on a computer). I am using the HDMI to DVI connector provided with the 942, and really haven't had any problems until recently. In fact the picture for the most part has been exceptionally well. It this a pretty hard problem to decipher (i.e - could the sats need to be repeaked, possible DVI prob, etc.)? Could the 942 be running too hot? (I know I had some errors a while back in which it told me it was running too hot and I had to let it cool down - which I did change where it was placed for better air circulation).

I wanted to get some expert opinions here before I call tech help with Dish and go over all the steps I already took myself, and quite frankly, I have had more luck with all the wonderful help here than tech help at Dish :p .

My 811 was having this problem

But the there was a thread talking about this I think it was pixe :) l Problems about three pagies back.

Hope this helps. It help me understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)