Pixels Problem

CCMoor

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Central Ohio
Any one have a Pixeling (spelling) problem last night.. Any Channel I viewed seam to have this problem.. Viewing on an 811.

CCMoor said:
Any one have a Pixeling (spelling) problem last night.. Any Channel I viewed seam to have this problem.. Viewing on an 811.
Perhaps you mean dropouts (picture freezes, color blocks apprearing, loss of sound). Pixelation is when you see digital artifacts due to compression.

jergenf said:
Perhaps you mean dropouts (picture freezes, color blocks apprearing, loss of sound). Pixelation is when you see digital artifacts due to compression.

I know what Pixelation is and that what I had. Everything is ok now but just had it all day Sunday July 24. Strange

I would check signal levels on the usual transponders (11 and 12 on both 110 and 119) and make sure they're where they're supposed to be (over 85 on both). I didn't notice any picture problems with my 811 Sunday.

Pixelation

Symptoms:

Errors 002, 015, 025, 026, intermittent signal loss messages, low signal on the signal stength bar, intermittent black screens, pixels, blocks in video, audio pops.

Pixelation Causes:

Caused by poor weather, damaged cable, misaligned dish, or malfunctioning equipment. Local DMAs on a Spot Beam may display signal issues if traveling or in fringe areas.

Prevention

Signal loss issues can be avoided by ensuring the dish is clean, the cable is protected from damage from lawn equipment, animals and the elements, and all cable connections are secure.

u can also try: Power off the receiver and unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet. Wait 15 seconds, plug the receiver back into the electrical outlet and power the receiver on. (aka hard reset.)

Also: Check for non-DISH Network equipment (surge protectors, ground blocks) between the dish and Satellite In on all receivers. Remove all devices from the installation and verify signal. If signal returns, restore one item at a time until signal is lost again. Replace that item.

And: Check for a multi-dish switch and bypass the switch entirely with a barrel connector.
-Unplug the power inserter if present
-Disconnect cables at switch
-Use barrel connectors to reconnect the cable and bypass the switch
-If signal returns, replace the switch.

R U sure it wasn't weather related ?

R U sure it wasn't weather related ?[/QUOTE]

No was Sunny and about 90 outside... was a wonderful day here in Ohio. Have only had my system for about 2 months now.. So far love it.. Much Better than Adelphia Cable.

I've been having the same problem here in central ohio. Didn" seem to have any of this in the hd channels. I see it usually on the right edge of the screen in the sd broadcasts.

dspon said:
I've been having the same problem here in central ohio. Didn" seem to have any of this in the hd channels. I see it usually on the right edge of the screen in the sd broadcasts.

Do you lose your satelite evertime it rain or just the hard ones? I just my strange and its is 99 and up on clear days for 119 and 110 but 105 is only about 70

Wow, I have the 942 Dish receiver, and I noticed in the past couple days, the pixelization on the right edge of the screen also (only on the SD channels). I wonder if it was weather releated. I am in Euclid (Cleveland).

If I leave my 811 on for more than 2 days, the guide runs out and the video starts pulsing, it pauses, goes, pauses, goes, like jerky, stop-motion video and I have to reset it. I am on the latest software rev.

I lost my 811 and 322 last night from 8:30pm till about 9pm, Anyone else lost satelite from storm last night in the central (marion) area?

Still a Problem...........

:mad: Has anyone had this problem today or yesterday?? I noticed last night when my wife was watching a movie on an SD channel, the pixels on the right were popping in and out again.

Pixels

I also get it on my newly installed 942. Just about any channel HD/SD I watch. Right now it only happens on rare occasions but it is enough to raise a concern. And it is on the right side of the screen. It never happend on the 811 series.

Fixed mine so far

To fix my Pixel Problem I had to do an Auto Focus on my TV and it realign the color and looks alot better...

I have 2 811's and i get pixelation on the right side also on sd channels alined tv still the same, checked all settings on tv also but no change, 53" pioneer elite hd tv.
i have had dish for 4 months now and only started haveing this problem 2 months ago and it get bad sometimes and of course when you call they say it my tv not there equipment I THINK NOT

JIGGIEFLY said:
I have 2 811's and i get pixelation on the right side also on sd channels alined tv still the same, checked all settings on tv also but no change, 53" pioneer elite hd tv.
i have had dish for 4 months now and only started haveing this problem 2 months ago and it get bad sometimes and of course when you call they say it my tv not there equipment I THINK NOT

I know I just did my tv Saturday and it help but did not watch much Tv Sunday or Monday I will see tonight if it back or not but I also have had this problem but its only been for about a month now.. Some station are better than others.

Yeah, it has prolly been about a month for me too. Possible software glitch? I will try and realign my TV as well. Has anyone had any probs with HD channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts