Pixilation and Audio Drop-Out Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

trt01

Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
I have VIP-622 and VIP-625 receivers and recently, over the last month or so, both began experiencing pixilation and audio drop-outs on three different TV's. It only seems to happen on local channels (Satellite 119).

I recorded some examples to demonstrate the problem to my local installer and he suspected a defective LNB. I've had the system installed for about 14 months and this problem only began happening in the last month or so.

When a different CSR came to replace the LNB's and I showed him the problem, he said he had seen the same symptoms about 100 times before and it was due to a bad software update and Dish was working on it, but would not have a fix for a couple of weeks. He replaced all the coax connectors while he was at my home but said replacing the LNB's would not provide the fix needed.

After reading other posts in this forum re. the TIVO lawsuit, I suppose it could make sense if the software update was the code intended to get around the infringing aspects of that suit.

I am currently running software L463 on the 625 and L449 on the 622. Signal strength is in the 75-78 range on Satellite 119.

Are others experiencing the same problem and is the only solution to wait for Dish to fix the problem and hope for the best?

I have been experiencing the same problem on my 622 & also on my 722.

Seems to be worse when I am watching network OTA HD shows that I have previously recorded.

Have been contemplating calling, but aren't up for the nonsense.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)