Place to Get a New Hard Drive

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jibber1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
santa monica
I want a new larger capacity hard drive for my HR24. I know of Weekknees, but there are others I have lost track of that say they can transfer the data from my old HD to the new one. Anybody know any of these places? Thanks!

You do know that if you replace the internal drive in the HR24 you will be breaking the terms of service.
Why not just get an external drive to use with the HR24?

JD's right, use an external drive. If and when you want to watch the old content on your old drive, unplug the external and reboot.

What about if I get an HR34?

Let me modify the question a bit. Suppose I get a HR34. Is there a way to transfer what's on the old HR24 to the new HR34? Or is there a external hard drive that will play the what was downloaded from the old HR24 to the new HR34? Thanks!

Let me modify the question a bit. Suppose I get a HR34. Is there a way to transfer what's on the old HR24 to the new HR34? Or is there a external hard drive that will play the what was downloaded from the old HR24 to the new HR34? Thanks!

Nope in either case, unfortunately D*'s design is that when the HD (external or Internal) is connected to the new recvr, the first thing it does is "Format" the drive.

You cannot transfer any Recordings in either case.
The HR34 has a 1 TB HD in it already.

I always remind people to NOT keep anything on the HR that you NEED as it could be gone at any time, as in if your recvr goes to hell or the HD or whatever, you cannot get them back.
This is probably one reason why they don't go with even larger HD's in them as well.

Hauppauge 1212

Thanks Jimbo. At least I got the last part right. I have a Hauppauge 1212 that allows me to transfer Videos from my DVR to my computer in 1080i HD. That's right -- 1080i. The 1212 will not process 1080p signals, so when I download a 1080p video from DTV, I be sure that the 1080p resolution box in Setup is off.

Thanks Jimbo. At least I got the last part right. I have a Hauppauge 1212 that allows me to transfer Videos from my DVR to my computer in 1080i HD. That's right -- 1080i. The 1212 will not process 1080p signals, so when I download a 1080p video from DTV, I be sure that the 1080p resolution box in Setup is off.

Interesting ...

I'm glad you know how to do all this ...
Personally, I don't know of ANYTHING I HAVE to have.
I use to record stuff to keep, then found I never watched it again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)