Placing Dish order-can someone confirm I am getting the right setup, please?

Z06_Pilot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Columbus, OH
Hi folks,

leaving TWC for Dish. this is what I have now:

(2) Tivo Series 3 DVR's in main viewing room, each with dual tuners/cablecards. I use a single remote to talk to both without interference between them. So, I can record 4 different programs simultaneously. both of these Tivo's feed into an Integra A/V Preamp via HDMI 1.3, and into a 73" RPTV, also via HDMI 1.3 connection.

(1) Tivo HD in my basement, with dual cable cards and two tuners as well. this Tivo feeds into an Anthem AV30 preamp, and outputs via component video to a 20" Panasonic LCD, and to a 42" Panasonic HDTV Plasma.

All 3 Tivo's are attached to the main cable feed(i.e., none of them "feed" off each other).

here's what I was going to order from Dish:

(2) 722 ViP DVR's for the main viewing room. will allow me to continue to record 4 simultaneous programs off satellite, with the option of recording (1) OTA program on each 722, via an antenna on my roof.

for the basement, I thought I would run the component video and dig. audio to the anthem preamp, then out to the two TV's. I realize I will not long have tuner independence in the basement as I have now with the Tivo setup, but that's ok. Plus, I don't really want to pony up for 2 additional 722's at service inception time.

**question** can the HDMI and component outputs for the TV1 output on the 722 be active at the same time? that will determine if my basement idea will work.

thanks very much for reviewing my configuration-any thoughts would be greatly appreciated....

Jeff

Hi KAB,

my purpose is to be able to record up to 4 satellite channels at the same time(meaning non-broadcast networks-ABC, NBC, etc)currently with my Tivo setup, I rarely need 4 active tuners, but 3 happens quite frequently, especially during prime time hours during the week.

Before you ask, no, I don't spend my life in front of the TV:D just seems the things I want to see seem to come on at the same time a few nights during the week.

Again, these would be non-broadcast network programs, so my OTA tuner(s) would not help me on a single 722 except to be able to record 2 of them at the same time.

that's why I was going with dual 722's, to get maximum satellite program recording at the same time(3 or 4 programs when needed), and have my OTA tuners available to me as well for broadcast networks.

Am I missing something? Can I do that with a single 722?

Z06....for most of the programs on satellite...ie non-broadcast networks like ABC, CBS etc) the programs r repeated often on the same day....hence in case of conflict...the DVR automatically resolve the conflict as per priority & schedule the repeat to record hence no missing anything.

I have only 1 DVR....& there r times when I have conflict...since it 625...I have only 2 tuners...so I always see...if the conflicting programs r on satellite...I give them less priority then broadcast (which is very less considering I hardly watch shows on them these days anyway)...& Dish DVR automatically set the recorder to record the next repeat if the timers r free otherwise it finds the next repeat & so on....

Thats 1 thing I like abt Dish DVR a lot....I can set it up to record the shows...& it automatically resolve these conflict & still record shows I want to watch without me keeping track of shows all the time.

If u say that u will record mostly satellite channels...then a single 722 or 722k will be suffice. But u r free to select 2 DVR's. Keep in mind though....Dish has 4 tuners restriction. So if u take 2 722 DVR & then u want to add another receiver...u will have to buy it urself. Dish will not lease u

Dish has 4 tuners restriction. So if u take 2 722 DVR & then u want to add another receiver...u will have to buy it urself. Dish will not lease u
He will eventually realize he did not need two 722K's and move the other to another location in the house.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts