Planning on getting Dish Network installed

IndyMichael

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
We canceled Directv in May, enjoyed a couple tv bill free months, now plan on getting Dish Network installed on or about August 1st. Any thoughts on the best deals or best installer to do the job? We now live in Pendelton, IN 46064.

Welcome to Dish. Just go online to the Dish chat and see what the best deal they will offer for what programming you want. Don't go through a local installer, go thru Dish directly. Either online chat or you could PM one of the DIRT members that moniter this forum. They are listed in Red at the bottom of the main forum page. Either can get you the best of current offers.Be sure to look into the Hopper or get a 722K DVR receiver. Here is a quick link to new customer deals:

http://www.dish.com/redirects/promo...gclid=CM_g4vXulrgCFSRp7AodT2YAnQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
BEST option is to contact a DIRT member (Dish Internet Response Team). They are the most knowledgeable and reliable Dish customer service source. Go to the bottom of the Forum page, and look for logged on members in RED. Send them a PM with what you are interested in, they will get back to you ASAP. Chat might be s little better than phone CSRs, but with Dirt available, a far second choice choice.

Your best bet is go to a local retailer. They have all the same deals as you can get from a faceless CSR from who knows where plus you know who's going to do your install and who you can call for local help if you need it in the future. You can specify what equipment you want and exactly how you want the install if you have a preference. You'll also be supporting a local business that pays local taxes and contributes to your local economy. If you don't have a local retailer or if they aren't up to the standards they should be you can always roll the dice with a DIRT rep or a CSR and pray the tech who does your install knows what they're doing and does a good job.

http://www.dish.com/support/tools-apps/locate-retailer/?WT.svl=footer

Your best bet is go to a local retailer. They have all the same deals as you can get from a faceless CSR from who knows where plus you know who's going to do your install and who you can call for local help if you need it in the future. You can specify what equipment you want and exactly how you want the install if you have a preference. You'll also be supporting a local business that pays local taxes and contributes to your local economy. If you don't have a local retailer or if they aren't up to the standards they should be you can always roll the dice with a DIRT rep or a CSR and pray the tech who does your install knows what they're doing and does a good job.

http://www.dish.com/support/tools-apps/locate-retailer/?WT.svl=footer
There is no more dice rolling with DIRT than a local retailer, if one can even be found in a particular market.

The recommendation of DIRT is a good one for most.

I have an excellent local retailer/installer that I use because he gets me the same deal and with Dish stuff, he handles any and all problems I might have with the gear or the install. In essence I get the benefits of having the protection plan without paying the fee for it, I talk to someone I actually can understand on the phone and he does great work. Not all retailer/installers are created equal you know.

IndyMichael

Hope we're not confusing you, but there are some varying thoughts on the best contact for a new account. DIRT here honestly is probably the best bet. BUT............. I acknowledge IF you know or have a good local retailer/installer that would be a great way to go. Problem is from being on this site from the very beginning, there are too many problems with not so good retailers. We have seen them come and go on the site. The real good ones, the ones who keep up on everything, post here, interact here, are the ones you would want, but is there one in your area? That's the problem.

DIRT is a known commodity, well versed and seem to be sure the correct install is arranged.

There is no more dice rolling with DIRT than a local retailer, if one can even be found in a particular market.

BS! With a local retailer you can go there and talk to the person who is going to install your system. It doesn't matter how nice and accommodating the DIRT or other SALESPERSON on the phone is to get their commission on your sale, you are rolling the dice on who shows up to drill the holes in your house. You should see some of the losers that drive around here for the RSP in Dish marked trucks and some of the work they do. I wouldn't let them in the yard much less trust them to install a system in my home. Maybe your area has no local Dish retailer but most areas do and overall it is a much better experience for the customer and also contributes to the local economy and all the other benefits of keeping your business local. And thats the facts.

The recommendation of DIRT is a good one for most.

I have an excellent local retailer/installer that I use because he gets me the same deal and with Dish stuff, he handles any and all problems I might have with the gear or the install. In essence I get the benefits of having the protection plan without paying the fee for it, I talk to someone I actually can understand on the phone and he does great work. Not all retailer/installers are created equal you know.

And there are good LOCAL retailers all over the country. Most of the bad ones have been weeded out over the years. You can check them out without obligation ahead of time. If you order from DIRT or a national retailer then you get either a Dish in house tech who may or may not know what they're doing or most likely you'll get a sub-contractor, who in essence is the cheapest laborer and the lowest bidder that Dish can find to do your install. It's a no brainer that most people would want the experienced local tech who really wants to keep the customer happy so they get long term business and referrals rather than the Dish tech or sub-contractor who can't wait to get done and get out of there and then they hope they never see or hear from you again.

All the 'expert' advice to just skip the best possible source for a Dish installation are doing these potential customers a huge disservice. The local dealer should ALWAYS be the first contact. If you don't have a good local retailer then you can always settle for the next best thing which is usually DIRT.

I know there's a who lot of pro- and con- posts about local retailers. To me, it comes down to if you feel they are a trustworthy retailer. Many are, some are not. I'm a former loyalty agent who has had to deal with new customers who were promised fairly outrageous things, and I had to break the news that their contract they signed details what they have and get, not what some fast-talking guy told them. One local retailer was even signing people up at a summer fair, and was telling people they'd only get info about signing up, but signed them up for service.

No doubt the unscrupulous local retailers are a rarity, but they exist, so my recommendation is if choosing a local retailer, be sure it's a person or company that you feel you can trust. There are also national retailers that I feel are less-than-truthful, and make promises that can't be kept once the account handling comes over to Dish.

If you use a local retailer, and they promise something that sounds too good to be true, check with Dish (especially the DIRT team) to see if it is correct info.

I had a local retailer tell me that my 622 would not be able to receive OTA channels AFTER the digital switch over. That retailer is long gone. The OP lives in the INDY market, like me. All he is going to get from the provided link to locals is CELLULAR CONNECTION...which is just a reseller. Ther are no locals here. SO, OP, contact DIRT and relax.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)