platinum remote for 501

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jpw711

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Springfield MO Area
Hi

I have a dp501 with the platinum remote, it has finally started to wear out, so I bought a replacement remote over EBAY. Got it, unpacked it, put the Batteries in, and it won't control the 501 (the sat button turns red when I push it, so I'm guessing the remote is not DOA.)

Does anybody know if I need to program the new remote to work with my system?

BTW, the page on ebay stated that it would control the 508, 510, and 501.

Thanks

Joe

You may want to look at the following, shamlessly copied from a dish receiver manual:

OPTIMIZE YOUR REMOTE CONTROL
Change the Address
When you receive your system, your remote control and receiver have been set to communicate on address 1. However, because UHF signals travel long distances and go through walls, a neighbor's UHF Pro remote could control your receiver by mistake if they are on the same address. To handle this problem, you can change the address on your remote control and the receiver as follows:
1. Press SYS INFO button on the receiver's front panel. The System Information screen displays and shows the Remote Address.
Write down this address: _____________
2. Press and hold the SAT button on your remote control for about three seconds, until all of the mode buttons light up, and then let go of the SAT button.
3. Use the NUMBER PAD buttons to enter any number between 1 and 16, but not the one you wrote in step 2.
Write down the number you entered:___________
4. Press the POUND (#) button. If you entered the address correctly, the SAT mode will flash three times.
5. Press the RECORD button.
Note: Make sure the Remote Address you see on the System Information screen is the same as the one you entered in step 3. If it isn't, the remote cannot control the receiver.
6. Press the SELECT button to close the System Information screen.

Checking the Remote Control Address
1. Press and hold the SAT mode button for three seconds, until all of the mode buttons light up, and then let go of the SAT button.
2. Press the POUND (#) button twice. The SAT mode button will flash the same number of times as the address number (three flashes means address 3).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts