Play DVD on TV-2?

N817

Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Arroyo Grande, CA
Can I play a DVD on TV-2? I have a VIP722K hooked to a Pioneer Elite SC-57 A/V receiver. The Dish installer split the TV-2 signal so that we can see it in the bedroom and kitchen. I read the User's Manual for the 722K and didn't find any info on this.
Thank you,
Scott

You could combine the RF signal from the DVD, likely channel 3 or 4, using a reversed splitter with the receiver's RF output. and feed that to the n-way splitter to send to various TVs. Probably not good if the DVR's output is also limited to channels 3 and 4. Definitely not the best picture.

-Ken

Considering you can get a DVD player for around $20 or blu-ray for $40, that would definitely be the better option and a much better picture.

You could combine the RF signal from the DVD, likely channel 3 or 4, using a reversed splitter with the receiver's RF output. and feed that to the n-way splitter to send to various TVs. Probably not good if the DVR's output is also limited to channels 3 and 4. Definitely not the best picture.

-Ken

Haven't looked at them in stores lately, but unfortunately, I don't believe DVD players are built with RF modulators anymore. :( He'd have to put the player in the room with TV2

You could buy an RF modulator for $10 or pass thru an old VCR (I had to do that with DirecTV that lacked RF out), but PQ stinks. And you'd also have to get an expensive RF remote or IR repeater to control it.

Why would anyone want to do that. The PQ of a dvd would be significantly worse than hooking a DVD or Bluray directly to either a tv or an avr via hdmi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts