"PLAY TO" gives "Unexpected Device Error" with Win8 & Xip813 Hopper with Sling Adapter

Whatthe?

Original poster
May 29, 2013
East coast
It worked when I first got it, I could play music, play a slideshow, or watch a movie. But now it just gives an "Unexpected device error" and the tv screen goes black (windows reports error code HRESULT: 0x80040216). I have to reboot the Hopper to get it back on again. All firewalls are set to be open, and the hopper is showing up on the list as being shared for media streaming. I'm not running this through WMP, I'm just pointing to a file or a folder, right click, and select the option to "play to". I called Dish and Windows, they were useless, they just point fingers at the other guy. I have not yet set up the win8 media center app. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. Problem may have started when I plugged in the sling adapter... "PLAY TO" gives "Unexpected Device Error" with Win8 & Xip813 Hopper with Sling Adapter Thanks!

It worked when I first got it, I could play music, play a slideshow, or watch a movie. But now it just gives an "Unexpected device error" and the tv screen goes black (windows reports error code HRESULT: 0x80040216). I have to reboot the Hopper to get it back on again. All firewalls are set to be open, and the hopper is showing up on the list as being shared for media streaming. I'm not running this through WMP, I'm just pointing to a file or a folder, right click, and select the option to "play to". I called Dish and Windows, they were useless, they just point fingers at the other guy. I have not yet set up the win8 media center app. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. Problem may have started when I plugged in the sling adapter... "PLAY TO" gives "Unexpected Device Error" with Win8 & Xip813 Hopper with Sling Adapter Thanks!
I have the exact same configuration (Win8 & Xip813 Hopper with Sling Adapter) and problem (HRESULT: 0x80040216) whenever I attempt "Play to" from a local library location other than what is visible on the Hopper which only seems to be cloud based. Is there any way to get the Hopper to see my local media files???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts