Playback issues with 622

Danzio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
I have 3 622's and recently had one replaced due to the hard drive freezing up on playback. Now I am having problems with the other two as well.
Pixellation and audio clipping on almost all recordings, so bad you can't watch it.

Even watching live tv the other night, hit the back up button a few times to see some scenes I had missed due to an interruption and it went into a slow mode playback and them completely jumped to live tv, leapfrogging about 5 minutes of the end of a show. Very aggravating, 50 minutes of a show and don't know how it ended.

The other one is having similar issues according to my wife, I don't watch that TV so I don't quite know what the problem is.

I called tech support and all they did was open a trouble ticket. It seems many are having hardware issues lately.

No it's not the signal, definitely the HDD. Last night I watched a flawless replay of a CSI episode that two nights ago was so pixellated and full of chopped audio I couldn't watch it. Then this morning I was watching live basketball and could not use the rewind function at all. It would freeze up and then jump to live tv.

I called TS and they are sending out a new (re-mfg. more like it) unit. So that'll be the second replacement in as many months and the third one looks like it could be right behind the other two.

By the way and for what it's worth, none of my receivers are in cabinets, all have full air circulation available and the temps here in SoCal don't get any better than they are now, so heat can't be the issue.

Here's my other thought......I have been using computers since 1981 both in the workplace and in the home (my first computer was a Radio Shack Model 4 I bought in 1982, if I recall correctly) and I figure I have owned/built at least 18 computers over these years..................I have never, no..... not ever, experienced a hard drive failure, so I deduce they must be doing something wrong in design engineering area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)