Playback issues

jasonh1965

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 4, 2016
Salem, IN
Is anyone else still experiencing playback issues? Often after I use Netflix or Pandora, I try to play back a recorded or downloaded VOD recording and it won't play. What happens is black screen and the timer bar moving forward at roughly one minute per second. The only way I've found to fix this is a reboot, which obviously kills any recording in progress(of which I have a lot). I've always been happy to be an "early adopter" of new tech, but the H3 is still not ready for prime time(I was a day 3 of release install).

Been having black screens when I use the UI too fast and 80% of the time it takes a reboot to get the picture back. I'm having more just stop and you have to start all over and scan to where you were and go from there. It's happening at random and after leaving a program in pause long enough to get a snack, take a short phone call or use the "powder room".

This happens daily, sometimes 2x. We just watched an episode of Stranger Things on Netflix, then enter to DVR and when playing anything, it fast forward quickly and black screen. Reboot fixes.

I did call Dish about it last week. They escalated and said that they are aware of the issue but no further information is available. So we can only hope they are able to address it. Soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts