Playstation 3 interference with Dish remote

grodd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Does anyone else have this problem? When the Playstation 3 is on, the Dish remote on the Tuner 2 television will not work very well. It also seems to be affected by the HD DVD player. Does anyone know a solution? It becomes very frustrating when the kids are playing Playstation and we can't use the remote while watching TV in the other room. I don't know if this matters but I have a 722.

Hard to see how this is happening. The PS3 has a bluetooth remote, totally separate from the UHF system used by Dish. Assuming you mean TV2, which is totally separate from tuner 2.

Hard to see how this is happening. The PS3 has a bluetooth remote, totally separate from the UHF system used by Dish. Assuming you mean TV2, which is totally separate from tuner 2.
Yes sorry TV 2. The PS3 remote doesn't factor into things. I simply turn on the PS3 and then problems occur. Its a repeatable problem 100% of the time. It doesn't occur with the X-box 360. Only the PS3 and the HD DVD player.

Normally changing the UHF remote channel does the trick or repositioning the antenna on the back of the receiver.

I don't know off hand the process to make the change but it's in the receiver manual.

Sounds like you've got inter-domestic, electro-magnetic flux interference. If you've got a length of coax and an F-connector, you could try extending the UHF remote antenna (on the back of the 722) closer to TV2.

Or call the ghostbusters.

Normally changing the UHF remote channel does the trick or repositioning the antenna on the back of the receiver.

I don't know off hand the process to make the change but it's in the receiver manual.

I'll give those a try. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)