Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today SatelliteGuys is proud to "SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE!" as we have introduced a new feature which translates SatelliteGuys from English into any one of 50 different languages!

In addition it let you post to SatelliteGuys in your native language and the software automatically translates it into English or any other language.

However for this to work properly I need you to update your profile and select your default posting langage. To do this go to http://www.satelliteguys.us/profile.php?do=editprofile and set your default language.

We hope you enjoy this new feature and that it brings more enjoyment and helps you learn and participate more here at SatelliteGuys.US!

No point in putting in a Chinese setting since SatGuys (as of August 2009) is banned in China. :p

I went to the page and I can't find "American" in the list...

How long will the country flags remain ? If they'll go away in a few days or so, I'll wait. Otherwise, that's a lot of clicking to Ad-Block all of those !! :D

American is not a language. :)

The flags will move to the bottom in a week. Just put them near to top to promote the new feature. :)

Americans, Canadians, Austrailians, ... speak English. Mexicans, Venezuelans, Argentinians, ... speak Spanish. Deal with it.

Chinese is not a language.

There is Mandarin, most commonly spoken in most of mainland China and Taiwan; and Cantonese, most commonly spoken in Hong Kong, Macau and of course, Canton on the mainland.

Uh, why didn't you default everybody English and then just tell people if they wanted something else...
99% coverage all at once.

I saw the same thing spawned on another vB forum. It caused a lot of consternation since Google can mis translate things. At least hardly no one here is really moaning about it.

Btw the translator is also on a drop down in the Nav bar between Community and Forum Actions.

Uh, why didn't you default everybody English and then just tell people if they wanted something else...
99% coverage all at once.

Isn't there a global setting to default everyone to English and go from there? Many will never see this thread.

There is no global setting, there is a setting which forces people to their edit profile screen, but it does not tell them what they need to do which makes it useless.

I wish I could just set it so that everyone by default is set to english and then if they want to use a different language select it. :)

I dont like the maps but have them there just showing off the new feature.

One good part about it is my number of links to Google have gone from 3 million to 10 million by using this app since they index in all languages. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)