Please help me figure out a pricing problem

JCarais

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2009
Earth
Hello,

I have the DVR Advantage package which includes the Classic Silver 200 channels ($57.99). For receivers I have a 522 and a 322 (+$5.00). And for premiums I have HBO and Starz (+$22.00). I get a DVR Advantage credit (-$3.00) so I currently pay $81.99 a month.

I'd like to upgrade my channel package to Classic Gold 250 because I want to add the Versus channel, but on the Dish Network website they don't list the Gold 250 with the DVR Advantage. So if I move up to the 250, what's going to happen with my DVR fees and my DVR advantage credit?

Sorry if I'm making it too complicated, I guess the simplest way to put it is this: I currently pay $81.99 a month. What's the simplest/cheepest way to keep what I currently have and get the Versus channel (available in the Classic Gold 250 package)?

Thank you for your help.

Dunno why but the 250 package is considered another premium with DVR Advantage. It'll cost you another $10 (or $11?) to add it. That's what I have.

Ed

The way it looks to me, according to the prices I have, the classic gold 250 DVR Advantage is $67.99. Add $5 for the 322, assuming it is connected to a phone line. Then $22 for HBO and Starz. That should put you at $94.99 before taxes and any discounts.

Your best bet would be go for americas everything pack, which comes with the 250 pack with the 4 premium packages. With that pack they drop the dvr fee and I believe its 98 or right around there.

America's Everything Pack is $97.98 witch includes the top 250, all the premiums, NBA TV, and the DVR fee. Locals would be $5 and HD would $10. Don't forget about the extra receiver also. Final price should be $117.98 plus tax.

Thank you all very much for the replies. A lot of good information! Now I just need to decide between the 250 or going all out and getting the everything package. Thanks again.

that is where I am at now. After the 3 month HBO/SHO promo, it's either keeping the Classic Bronze w/ HD or going all out.

Our bill right now is right at $60. So another $22 just for HBO & SHO doesn't make sense.

Ok this is an exact copy from my bill. E* has this so confusing. Currently I have a 510 and a 625. Both are connected to a phone line. Solo DVR Receiver 5.00 DISH Network DVR Service Fee 0.00 America's Everything Pak - Classic Gold 250 4 Premium Package 102.98 Leased Receiver Fee 5.00 DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) 5.99
TV2 Receiver Connection - (You Saved $5 By Connecting Your Duo Receiver To A Phone Line / Broadband.)
I am about to change everything but do the math for yourself. This doesn't include SC tax.

Last edited:
you can add the classic gold 250 bonus pack, which is normally $10. since you have 2 premiums at $22 a month, your bonus pack will be classified as a 3rd premium so your $22 for premiums will go up only $9 to a 3 premium pack (hbo/sho/250 bonus pak) for $31.

Ok this is an exact copy from my bill. E* has this so confusing. Currently I have a 510 and a 625. Both are connected to a phone line. Solo DVR Receiver 5.00 DISH Network DVR Service Fee 0.00 America's Everything Pak - Classic Gold 250 4 Premium Package 102.98 Leased Receiver Fee 5.00 DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) 5.99
TV2 Receiver Connection - (You Saved $5 By Connecting Your Duo Receiver To A Phone Line / Broadband.)
I am about to change everything but do the math for yourself. This doesn't include SC tax.

sounds like you originally signed up under dhp, or digital home plan. that plan had a charge for each receiver but include lifetime warranty on eq so don't know why you have dhpp.

you can add the classic gold 250 bonus pack, which is normally $10. since you have 2 premiums at $22 a month, your bonus pack will be classified as a 3rd premium so your $22 for premiums will go up only $9 to a 3 premium pack (hbo/sho/250 bonus pak) for $31.

Right, but that would be $91 (hbo/sho/250 bonus pack) VS $98 for the AEP.

For ~$7, it wouldn't make sense not getting the AEP. And I dont think that combo waives the DVR fee.

Either way, it doubles my bill!:(

I would change your programming to the Everything Pack. I would also consider getting rid of the DHPP. That should make your bill more sensible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)