Please help re. 61.5 dish install

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
I currently have 2 Dish 500's. One is a Dish Pro Plus for 110 & 119, the other is Dish Pro with one LNB for 129. This was done instead of installing a 1000 because of concerns about signal strength with 129 and I actually preferred the 2 dishes 'cause I felt it would be easier for this amateur to keep them peaked. I initially was going to have the 2nd dish aimed at 61.5 instead of 129 until I found out that my FSN was ONLY on 129. Now I'm gonna call them to get a dish installed for 61.5 since my local HD is now there.
My question. I'd prefer they just install another 500 for 61.5 although I understand that they could use a 1000.2 and just move one of the existing 500's for it. I live in the country so I don't mind having 3 dishes and I still feel that I can get better s.s. that way. Am I correct in believing that with the DPP they could just hook up one more coax from the 3rd dish for 61.5?:confused: Or would I be fine with the 1000.2 scenario 'cause if the signal is low the new dish at 61.5 would kick in and provide those channels (except my FSN)?
Sorry for the rambling post and thanks for your input!:)

Ed

It will probably be easier for the tech just to add the 61.5, that way he won't have to swap out any dishes.

You may need a new swicth too

To add another dish at 61.5 they would have to change your DPP twin to a regular twin. Then run seperate lines for all four orbital locations to a DPP44 switch.

I would just allow them to change the one dish to a Dish 1000.2 and point the other at 61.5. The 1000.2 does just fine in Michigan.

Channel mapping MIGHT become a concern when using a 1000.2 with a 61.5 input. If you have to have 129 & 61.5 programming needs, the 44 switch shouldn't run into the mapping problem. I would certainly try to use the 1000.2/61.5 first because there are less potential hardware problems.

Thanks Jerry. Unfortunately when I called 'em today they said they'd install the 1000.2 for free BUT they had to shut off my SD locals NOW and couldn't give me any idea when the install would happen. :rolleyes: Told 'em to forget it.

Ed

UPDATE! After sending an email to the ceo they CALLED ME and said they'd be out Sunday AM to install the dish (FREE and NO further commitment). My SD locals are NOT being turned off either. :)AMAZING!!!

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)