Please Help

maxkil41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
I have a 46 in. Samsung LCD LN-T4661F and VIP722 hooked up through HDMI. I bought a new stand and when I hooked the receiver back up I get a tv prompt that says Weak or No Signal. Component works. The tv2 input also works so I'm guessing the problem is the HDMI port on the receiver. I have tried changing cables. Dish tech help said the tv is not compatible. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Have you got another tv that has hdmi if so temp try that, or try another cable, that way you can find out for sure where the problem is.

So it worked at one time, then you took it apart and put thinks back and now it is broken? You may want to try reseting the HDMI connection. Goto Menu, 6, 3, Analysis, HDMI test, reset HDMI.

Do this while on your component connection and then try going back to your HDMI connection.

I am by no means a expert but it does work when my system flakes out from time to time.

I reset the HDMI but it still doesn't work. I also exchanged the HDMI cable with the one for the DVD player. Still no difference.

Well theres two potentials here, either the receivers hdmi port got damaged or the tv's got damaged in the swapping of an old stand for a new one. When you were getting things ready did you completely remove the cables including the hdmi or leave it connected to one of the devices? Two months ago I moved my living room around and failed to disconnect the hdmi cable from my computer to the tv, when I moved the tv it pulled the cord and the computer locked up but thankfully nothing was broken. If you have an hd dvd player or a computer with an hd vid card or an nvidia card wich has an hdmi port you can test the tv this way but you will need to be sure with the computer to enable the hdmi port on the card.

I know the comcast boxes have a hidden menu where you can select the cable output, maybe the Dish box has something similar? You said a different cable still didn't work, try plugging in a different device to the same input. At least you can rule out a problem with the TV.
I don't see why the tv wouldn't be supported, especially since it worked before. Was the cable hanging from the tv in a different way when it was on the other stand? Maybe the connection is loose and it has to be in a certain position to work. Is the box still under warranty?

I don't believe anything was damaged when I was switching stands. I have a smaller LCD Samsung in my bedroom I will bring downstairs and try. Could it be a compatibility issue, or was it just a cop-out by the dish tech?

Using the TV remote... press the source button.
This will toggle through the different inputs on the TV.
You should be able to find the HDMI source input.
That is the way my Samsung TV is anyway....

Same Problem

Hello,

I upgraded to the vip722 about a week ago and the installer could not get it to connect via HDMI to my sony tv. I purchased the same Samsung you have on Dec 23rd and I can't get the HDMI to connect. All 3 inputs on the samsung work with my DVD player and XBOX 360 and also these work on the sony. Componant connections work fine on both sets.
Dish support over the phone stated I have the latest software on the vip722 but he would contact enginering to see if a new update would correct this problem. When I mentioned my sony won't connect either we set up trouble ticket for a tech to check out the box today, 12-27-07.
Hopefully a new box will correct this today, I will update later and let you know.

There was a known problem with Samsung and HDMI compatibility with many devices, but it was supposed to have been fixed in July or so. (The 9th character in your serial number is the build month in hexadecimal.) If yours is older, you should be able to get Samsung to fix it under warranty. But there's also a known problem with the 622 having physically defective HDMI ports.

I finally got someone in Dish tech help again. They are sending me a new 722. Hope this is the issue. Strange though, he said that it's not a compatibility issue if it worked before, but then said it could be. Thanks for the help. I will let you know what happens.

Just for $#@*! and giggles I hooked up my 23 in. Samsung LCD and could not get the HDMI to work either. I hope this means that it is a receiver issue.

Dishnetwork just left my house after installing another 722 in an attempt to get the HDMI to work with my new Samsung LCD LN-T4661F. The new receiver didnt help, all 3 HDMI inputs work fine with my DVD players and even tried an Xbox. Got on the phone with dish tech support who stated this is a known compatibility problem and that engineering is behind schedule updating their software to include the vast amount of tv's on the market. He said to keep checking to see when the software increments past 448 then maybe my set will work. I complained and was given 4 months of free HBO, cinemax and Starz.

I have a Samsung 4661 and I'm waiting on an HDMI cable to connect to my Dish 622 (currently I'm using component cables, but I want to get rid of some of the bulk because it's a long run and it's unsightly with 5 cables.) Is anyone having a problem with the 622 (with an undamaged HDMI port), or is it just the 722? I haven't seen any complaints of Dish incompatibility recently on AVSforum, or I wouldn't have bought this TV. All the Samsung nn6n HDMI glitches were supposed to have been fixed around July.

Finally received my new VIP722 and .... HDMI works!
I still need to run my HDMI cable and receiver power cable properly around the entertainment center. The last time I unhooked everything I lost HDMI, and I'm concerned this might happen again. Is this possible? Is there a certain way to disconnect everything and turn off the power to avoid problems, or am I just paranoid?

Finally received my new VIP722 and .... HDMI works!
I still need to run my HDMI cable and receiver power cable properly around the entertainment center. The last time I unhooked everything I lost HDMI, and I'm concerned this might happen again. Is this possible? Is there a certain way to disconnect everything and turn off the power to avoid problems, or am I just paranoid?
ran into something similar yesterday during a new install,722 and a 222 receivers....the tv would flash from a picture to weak or no signal continuosly....the fix i found was during the intermittent picture i went into hdtv setup and change the resolution, accepted the changes then change to what they needed to be, everything worked fine....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)