please help

specv6

Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I have no signal from any sats. keep getting error 015, aquiring signal. I have a 622 hooked up to a hd tv and a standard tv.
ran check switch, but got nothing. I think I have the dish pointed correctly.
Do I use the direction readings from dish 500 or super? I tried both, and neither work. I originally thought I should use 500, but when I was on the phone with support, they told me to run the check switch on super. Maybe I just have a bad switch. they are coming out Saturday, but I'd like to get it fixed myself before then if I can.

The dish is not pointed correctly it seems. Does it say Connected or Conn under the sats when you run check switch? When you peaked the dish did the signal meter show anything or you were locked on a sat?

If you have a 622 then you most likely have HD which means you probually need a dish 1000 (110,119, 129) or (61.5) which has different settings than a dish 500. Superdishs were used to pull in 105 or 121 and are not used now. Its probually better to let them handle it. We need more info to help you out.

the signal meters show nothing. I have no option for dish 1000. just 300, 500, and super. I put everything back where it was before I started messing with it. I'll just wait until saturday. Thanks anyway.

Your not hitting the birds at all then. The dish 1000 specs dont show up in the dish specs. You can find them on the forum here and try it that way. Your skew will be much different than a dish 500. Probually best to let the tech do his thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)