Pluto TV on roku

What is this? There's nothing on their website. Is it free, or subscription?

Ok, I just loaded it on my Roku 3, and it works for me, but it's a little slow to react at the moment.

Ok, my ad blocker was blocking their website, so I have that working on my laptop now.

Last edited:
I was a little disappointed, it's somewhat slow and not all the channels Pluto has are on the Roku. While your changing channels I keep getting a blue screen. Like Scott said it's free, but just not as good as I expected

It seems to run very slow on my Roku 2 (2014). And my Roku 2 XS doesn't even support this app.

I will say, when it works, it has decent nearly-HD quality feeds of a few things. The News channels seem to sometimes have MSNBC or NBC news live, other times it's a series of clips from earlier in the day. Sky news live feed and RT America much better quality video than RT's own app offers.

And this is in Dish threads why? Lesser grey matter get's moved to IPTV.

This thread has always been in the IPTV programming forum for me. Anyway - on my Roku 2, this app seems to have stopped working - and when I tried to use it last time, it messed something up with video playback - none of my other apps could play video either, and I had to restart the Roku to restore video playback.

Be thankful that you even have it on your Roku 2. I've got a Roku 2, and every time I try to add Pluto TV I am told that it is not supported or even able to be added on my Roku. Keeps saying I have to upgrade to a Roku 3 at least.

I tried it on my Roku 3 last night and I was surprised, the PQ was very nice and the guide is nice too. I did have to restart the Roku before the guide worked. Noticed like someone else mentioned, that there's not as much on the Roku app as on their online site, but for free, it looks worthwhile.

ROKU Channel Players Supported:

Our Pluto TV channel supports Firmware 7 or above. You can check this on your Roku by going to your "Home" screen, click on "Settings". Then, select "System". Click on "About" or hit "right arrow" to view your current software version.

We also currently only support High Definition and 16:9 aspect ratio display modes. Standard Definition and 4:3 aspect ratio are not supported.

Our channel is now available on these Rokus (running firmware v7.0 or above):

• Roku 4
  • Roku 3
  • Roku 1 with model number 2710X
  • 2015 Roku 2 with model number of 42XX
  • HDMI Streaming Sticks with model number of 35XX
Our channel is not yet available on:

• All Rokus with firmware versions below v7.0
  • All Roku TVs - (including TCL Roku-enabled TV's)
  • Roku 1 and Roku 2 with model numbers 27XX
  • 2011-2013 Rokus with model numbers of 2400, 2450, 2500, 26XX, 30XX, 31XX
  • MHL Streaming Stick – model number of 34XX

Reactions: ComcastOgre
One of my Roku 2 units is a 2015 model that is supported per the above, and that's the one that has Pluto TV loaded, but it doesn't work right anymore. It worked okay the first couple times I used it, and now most of the channels don't work, the guide is very slow to appear, and the "rocks bouncing" screen saver doesn't seem to quit even when I pull up the guide. My other Roku 2 is unsupported per the above and has never even allowed Pluto TV to install. I wish it at least worked correctly on the one that Pluto TV claims to support. I'm also curious if Pluto TV will work on the new Roku LT. My guess is yes, because the LT seems to be a rebadged Roku 1 (2015), which is supported.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)