Pocket DISH and HD

Ok, you can record from analog video sources. And 16X9 works. Here are my observations from trying this out.

There was noticeable video noise like that sometimes caused by marginable RCA cables but in this case it could have also been caused my placing the PD on top of the 622. During playback I noticed I could get even mosre serious video and audio noise by moving the PD around the top of the 622 but the noise I noticed during recording was in fact recorded and I could do nothing on playback to get rid of it.

You have to send the input video through the hockey puck module that is included in the AV700E. Even though there are adapter cables that plug into the AV plug on the 700, it picked up no signal until I added (and powered) the puck module. This does contain seperate AV "in" and "out" as well as audio and svideo inputs(though I didn't try svid yet... maybe I will next time when I try to get rid of the noisy signal I got the first time.)

There was cropping at the top and bottom of "The Today Show" in HD. I didn't figure out why. I used the "normal" video setting on the 622 but switching through the others on the 622 didn't seem to make it better. I didn't try the other aspect ratio settings of the PD.

DRM could easily be a reality because the PD detected the show name and the channel. It showed "Today- KNSD" then "Regis & Kelly - KUSI" then "War of the Worlds- MNSTR" when I sent these signals out on TV1 analog.

During recording and when monitoring the video input the picture was *inside* a 5.5"(diag) window on my 7"(diag) Pocketdish. I thought this very strange and it didn't enlarge even when the on-screen information displays disappeared.

The files are about 1GB per hour on the PD's drive but you need more than the basic Windows Media Player codecs to view them on a PC. Winamp worked for me but I assume a lot of divx codecs will work.

There are also timer and auto shutoff options on the AV700E but I didn't try them out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)