PocketDish Owners, Please Help!

pajer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
North Central Pennsylvania
I am looking at purchasing one of the pocketdish with the mew prices dishstore has them for av700e is 449.00 - 60.00 rebate = 389.00, av500e is 345.00 - 40.00 rebate = 305.00 and the av402e is 189.00 - 20.00 rebate= 169.00 . pretty decent prices now. i am leaning towards the av500e vs. the av700e. most of the reviews i have read is that the 700 display seems to be a little washed out and not as vivid as the 500. does anyone have any experience with the pocketdish and anycomments would be much appreciated. i would be using either with a 622 and would be using it mostly for airplanetrips and long car trips either viewed alone or with my wifey. thanks, pajer

I just bought the 500 a few weeks ago and I REALLY love it . I use it on my train ride to work every day . I went with the 500 rather than the 700 because it fits nicely in my jacket pocket (the 400 screen looks a bit too small) . I think the image quality is very good, and haven't had any problems with it washing out unless the screen is in direct sunlight .

The only thing that sucks is that AS USUAL, I missed out on the price drop !

AJF said:
The only thing that sucks is that AS USUAL, I missed out on the price drop !
When did you purchase your unit? We bought ours right around when they came out and got the rebate. Do you still have your receipt? Dishstore mailed us a regular receipt to help us to get the rebate along with the rebate form. Maybe you do qualify :)

I bought the AV700E due to the built-in stand advantage. The viewing angles for the screen are quite limited. I also had read the reviews indicating this and also that the AV500E sports good viewing angles. Resting in its case, the AV700E still fits in a front pocket of a pair of slacks well enough to be somewhat low-key carrying it out from work for the lunch hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts