Pocketdish question

AJF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
I have the 500E and was wondering if it can draw power from USB when connected to the 622 or if it must always have the AC adapter connected ?

I have a 700E and it has a battery that lasts for about 3 hours on a charge. 500E does not?

Yes it does but that's not the question . I have 1 AC adapter that came with the unit which I'd like to leave at work where I often hook up the Pocketdish to a TV to watch shows I've recorded. When I take it home to download more shows, I was hoping it would draw power from the USB connection on my 622 so I wouldn't have to keep taking the AC adapter back and forth .

Yes it does but that's not the question . I have 1 AC adapter that came with the unit which I'd like to leave at work where I often hook up the Pocketdish to a TV to watch shows I've recorded. When I take it home to download more shows, I was hoping it would draw power from the USB connection on my 622 so I wouldn't have to keep taking the AC adapter back and forth .

I don't think it is going to pull any power from the USB - if you leave it plugged in at work, then bring it home and put more shows on it, I don't think you are going to have the battery go dead on you. Have you? I don't know about the 500 but on my 700, we watched 4 Prison Break Eps in a row and then I deleted those and put more on it without plugging it in one time. If you aren't watching at home, you should be good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts