PocketDish "Remote Link Tips"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
av700e

looking for the original files that were on a pocket dish av700e, had to reformat disk & reinstall firmware, thank's.

agree

I'm cheap...I'm waiting for the 7" Pocketdish to be drop down to the $99 price point.:rolleyes: Seriously, if I could find a way to watch the Pocketdish safely while making my 1 hour and 15 minute daily commute then I would. Driving 60+ mph through those winding back roads in order to avoid that beltway traffic and watching something on the Pocketdish cannot be good for my health.:devil:

waiting for the price to go down it is still brand new by summer or fall I will buy one for my wife:)

My Pocketdish has locked up my 622 during the upload twice now. Had to do a reboot on the 622 each time to restore the 622 to an operable state. Has anyone else had this problem?

lets say you and your friend both have dish net could you download a show on to the pocket and transfer it to your friends dish dvr, if not that would be a nice thing for it to do in future sometimes i would find a show and have it on my dvr but my sister in law missed it , i always thought it would be nice if you could transfer a show from one dish receiver to another .

Pocket Dish and Sirius Music

I am considering buying a Pocket Dish to listen to music fro mthe music channels on from the dish receiver. Would this be possible? I would like to record a music channel for a few hours overnight to the dvr and then transfer it to the pocket dish and listen to it during my commute to work. Would this work?

If you can record it onto the dvr, you can transfer it to the PocketDish (other than HD, of course). I haven't tried recording music, but I think I recall that those who have tried said they didn't get the screen shot with the name of the song/artist. If that doesn't bother you, then I think it will work. I'm about ready to put more programs on my PD. If I remember, I'll try it tonight and let you know.

Charise

Well, I successfully recorded about 20 minutes of a Sirius channel and downloaded it to my PD. It shows up under “video” rather than “audio.”

Just a caution though—the speakers in the PD are adequate, but for the best sound you’ll want to use earphones. You don’t mention the method of your commute, nor do you say if you’ve ever seen/heard a PD before. Just wanted to mention it, because I think headphones are illegal some places when driving,

Good luck. It worked fine for me!

I am glad to hear that it works. I would be using it on the Metro/Subway. I have never seen or heard the PD before. I have only seen it on the internet. Do you think the 402 is decent? Does it have the same software as the bigger models? I know the screen is small, but for long shows I could always hook that up to a bigger tv.

I haven't seen any PD except my own, which is the 7" model, and I'm getting old enough that I have to use my reading glasses even to see that clearly. :(

I think the software is all the same, but I can't swear to it.

I do like mine and it's been very useful to me, but you might want to check this thread for new PDs, though they won't be called that: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/102224-no-more-pocketdish.html.

So what is happening now with Pocket Dish? Haven't heard any updates.Can I use it with my new external hard drive? Just take the EHD with me on vacation and play direct to pocket dish??
That would be great!

Pocketdish > Hard Drive coupling

So what is happening now with Pocket Dish? Haven't heard any updates.Can I use it with my new external hard drive? Just take the EHD with me on vacation and play direct to pocket dish??
That would be great!

I just finally did just that with my AV500e, a laptop drive in a caddy (100g), and the USB host cable plugged into the 'a' port.

Works great i've now got 130 hours of video to take with me on the road!

The only thing you need to remember is that your drive MUST be formatted to a FAT file system, NTFS is incompatible with Pocketdish.

Have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts