Pointing assistance - please!

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
Using the take the receiver & tv up next to the dish. I take the line running from the 44 switch to the 129...disconnect the 129 dish and run the line to another dedicated dish. I thought if I did 611 and used 129 as the satellite I'd be able to seek or hunt for a 72.7 signal. But NO luck. Haven't been able to locate any sats with this method. A couple of times it gave me a signal reading "wrong sat 119" when not aiming at 119 or having it connected. Is it perhaps a problem of clearing the sats already stored in the receiver...worn out here! Thanks guys in advance for any tips.

SUCCESS finally! Almost a 3rd day of not showing any signal even from sats I knew were in target. I followed Garys suggestion of unplugging the dish from the receiver and running a check switch. That didn't change anything, at least in this case. Finally, I disconnected 3 of the 4 outputs from the 44 switch...unplugged the cord leading to the power inserter...plugged the power inserter back in and presto the receiver started giving me a reading. I found 72.7. Right now I show readings in the 30s for all transponders. I'll try tweeking it another day. Thought I'd post my experience for "educational" purposes...just in case someone puts my shoes on!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)