Pointing my dish satellite

go to Dishpointer.com and type in your location and it will give you details on Elevation and Skew and Azimuth, also uses google maps of your location and a handy line of sight on 119, you could just zoom in on that find some landmarks on the map that the line crosses through and aim dish in that direction chances are you'll catch a signal. But using a meter is easiest and best way.
A Satbuddy will also give you the Elevation, Skew and AZ info if you put in the zip code.

And if you are getting signal from the meter and not the receiver, did you run a Check switch first?.

go to Dishpointer.com and type in your location and it will give you details on Elevation and Skew and Azimuth, also uses google maps of your location and a handy line of sight on 119, you could just zoom in on that find some landmarks on the map that the line crosses through and aim dish in that direction chances are you'll catch a signal. But using a meter is easiest and best way.
A Satbuddy will also give you the Elevation, Skew and AZ info if you put in the zip code.

And if you are getting signal from the meter and not the receiver, did you run a Check switch first?.
If the meter is connected in series to the receiver....all works fine, I can watch all the channels with full signal....if I remove the meter then I have no signal and can't view anything.The dish is aligned perfect, I even swopped dishes and lnb.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What Receiver do you have, how many receivers, any switches / splitters in between dish (LNB) and receiver? How is the Coax cable RG6? or is it 59? How long is your coax feedline? Do you have DishPro lnb's with old legacy receiver?

What Receiver do you have, how many receivers, any switches / splitters in between dish (LNB) and receiver? How is the Coax cable RG6? or is it 59? How long is your coax feedline? Do you have DishPro lnb's with old legacy receiver?
Single sentech new receiver, rg6 coax about 20 meter long with no splitters.

I think this poster is in South Africa and if so it can't be Dish dishes or receivers. Maybe he should post in the appropriate forum.

I think this poster is in South Africa and if so it can't be Dish dishes or receivers. Maybe he should post in the appropriate forum.
It is a sentech satelite receiver connecting to is20 in the eutelsatsat group working with a 80cm dish with single universal lnb
Lo 9.7 to 10.6 ghz.. is this not the right group?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts