Pointing my dish satellite

I would invest in a Super Buddy Satellite meter. If you travel that much and make decent money, I'm guessing you do, a few hundred bucks will go a long way. You can enter your zip code to set the meter to the proper settings, for one thing. Also, you should have the mast on that temp mount so the "elbow" is over the center of the mount, not pointing to the outside edge. Keeps the weight centered, plus you can pull the center bolt and fold the mast down when not in use.

Reactions: charlesrshell
All Dish Network signals are digital.

Satellite internet requires it's own separate dish, electronics and wiring.

I thought Hues net said they could run off the dish.

Dish offers internet also, why would they make you have another satellite I wonder. I’ll have to look into that. Thanks for posting though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would invest in a Super Buddy Satellite meter. If you travel that much and make decent money, I'm guessing you do, a few hundred bucks will go a long way. You can enter your zip code to set the meter to the proper settings, for one thing. Also, you should have the mast on that temp mount so the "elbow" is over the center of the mount, not pointing to the outside edge. Keeps the weight centered, plus you can pull the center bolt and fold the mast down when not in use.

Good idea, thanks. Yea that’s how the fish guy set that up. Yea I’ll probably end up with the super buddy. Money is decent, but I’m still tight as hell. Scrimp everywhere I think I can get away with it. Hell if I swallowed a piece of coal I’d crap a diamond. Or whatever it is they make diamonds out of.

I know a lot of our guys set them up like that, but it shift the weight off center. The meter is worth it, believe me

Dish offers internet also, why would they make you have another satellite I wonder. I’ll have to look into that. Thanks for posting though.

It's a completely different dish, bigger, heavier pointing at a completely different Satellite

You can order Hughesnet through Dish and get a small discount on your Dish bill when you do. That's the satellite internet now available from Dish.

Like I said, Hughesnet (or Viasat their competitor) requires their own dish, electronics and wiring. I've installed at least a couple hundred of each and know them intimately.

And just FYI, the satellites are out in space, what you have is a satellite dish or satellite antenna. :)

Maine - Elevation 20
Florida - Elevation 38

Elevation is important.

:) Now we talking for completely different things, if you are moving 1000 miles away the elevation need to be adjusted as well. I am talking for 50-60 miles moves...
About the SuperBuddy how HipKat set you can enter the zip code and see the proper sku and elevation and when you lock to satellite there is a ID button to verify that you are at the right satellite.

:) Now we talking for completely different things, if you are moving 1000 miles away the elevation need to be adjusted as well. I am talking for 50-60 miles moves.
Even on a short day, we cover more than 60 miles.

A procedure that says just leave the Elevation alone is just bad.

:) Now we talking for completely different things, if you are moving 1000 miles away the elevation need to be adjusted as well. I am talking for 50-60 miles moves...
About the SuperBuddy how HipKat set you can enter the zip code and see the proper sku and elevation and when you lock to satellite there is a ID button to verify that you are at the right satellite.

So after all day discussing this I have determined there’s absolutely no way around the superbuddy or anything close to it. Remember that diamond comment I made, y’all want to send me something to swallow......not that. Get your minds out of the gutter. Lmao. Well thank you all for all the comments and laughs.

P.S. if someone wants to send me a superbuddy or anything close pm me and I’ll gladly send you a P.O box to send it to.

Again thank you all so very much. Y’all made my day. Not really, I needed some real advise. Lol. TTYL.....lol

The Super Buddy 29 is for a Hybrid dish for the Hopper 3. If using a non-hybrid dish, there are other good meters like the Acutrac 22 Pro and the First Strike FS-1 that cost a lot less.

Reactions: Jeff6146
The Super Buddy 29 is for a Hybrid dish for the Hopper 3. If using a non-hybrid dish, there are other good meters like the Acutrac 22 Pro and the First Strike FS-1 that cost a lot less.
Huh?? The Super Buddy is for almost any kind've Dish, including DTV dishes

Huh?? The Super Buddy is for almost any kind've Dish, including DTV dishes
I meant that a Hybrid LNBF disk requires a Super Buddy 29. It will handle all Dish dishes as well as others.

Other meters can work with non-hybrid LNBF at a lower cost. Best long term investment is the Super Buddy.

Reactions: HipKat
Back when Dish was only using one satellite, setting it up using just the on-screen signal meter was easy. Set the elevation scale, eyeball the azimuth, nudge it around a little, done! (Using the on-dish elevation scale assumes a level post.) People say it's harder now with the multi-satellite dishes, but I haven't tried it. Also, some people make it harder than it should be to install a single-sat dish. They jerk it around too fast, don't have an active transponder selected, or don't even have a clue what direction they're pointing. (I once saw a guy start to mount a dish on the north side of his house til I stopped him. He had just moved, but still, do people never look at the sky and see where the sun is?)

Yes a multi-headed dish isn't that harder to aim. If the mast is vertical and the Skew is set properly, you aim the primary LNBF (119 for WA) and the other two satellites will be in the arc.

Hi...has anybody experienced full signal on the satfinder, but then no signal on the decoder. However if you connect the satfinder in series with decoder, all works fine with full signal...the meter is a first strike. Any advice is well come as I have swooped out decoder and dish already.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you have signal at the cable going into the receiver but not ON the receiver, bad receiver

Hi...has anybody experienced full signal on the satfinder, but then no signal on the decoder. However if you connect the satfinder in series with decoder, all works fine with full signal...

When you remove the satfinder do you use a barrel to connect the cables? Is it a high frequency one - blue plastic inside?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts