Pole Mount questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike1973

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
Well, after a little site survey and help from the dishpointer iPhone app it looks like I can get a clear shot of the eastern arc but not from the house, it'll have to go on a pole about 20' away from the house. Will Dish install the pole or is that something I have to do beforehand. I assume that I have to let them know beforehand as well.
What about the cable, do they bury that or do I have to do that myself?

Thanks for any input!

When they did my two installs (I moved), the installer put the poles in and buried the cable. The first one was about 50ft from the house and the second was only about 10ft.

In Michigan, before we do a pole mount we set it up on a non-pen and call miss dig before we do any burials. You can still get dish in the meantime.

Miss dig takes about 5 days to stake the yard. Dish can be out any day after that. Tickets are good for 21 days.

I'm in Michigan and when I had a pole mounted dish (it's on the roof now), the Dish contractor brought the pole and buried the cable. Understand that "burying" the cable only involved turning over a couple inches of grass. It doesn't need to be any deeper than that. I DID tell the CSR that I would need a pole.
Good luck.

Ed

Mine was about 50' from the house.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)