Pole Mount Questions

There is no DNS around here, only an HSP type sub company that's a joke. I've never seen a Dish TV pole they've put in deeper than about 18 inches. In fact we rarely see any that even have concrete. They usually just pound them in the ground. They even install DishNet internet on non approved fence post poles pounded in the ground 18 to 24 inches and no concrete. And we've spent countless hours cleaning up their messes.

The answer I got from the first responder was exactly why I posted this question. If I had an installer come in with that kind of attitude I would invite him to leave and then make sure his manager knew the reason I did it. These guys are paid to do a job. If they don't like to do pole mounts, then maybe the should find another line of work.

My question remains, how deep?

Had nothing to do with attitude I explained how I put them in and I've NEVER had an issue in the over 4 years I've done them. You go down 18" with the post hole digger then bend that distance up on the pole..take the tamping bar and hammer it deeper which at this point is likely 2 feet down. Fill the hole with concrete and dry pack it with the tamper solid around the plumb part of the pole till its solid and plumb all around. You pour a little water on it to setup on top - align the dish and go on. I stress it again, I've NEVER EVER had a problem even in high winds I've seen of up to 60MPH which is rare and unless its a random idiot on a riding lawnmower to hit them then I've never had someone call about a problem of one I put in. So again - your question is exactly that.

I am not a DITCH DIGGER.... I'm a satellite installer and that is what I explained. If I rolled up to your home and saw you had that sorta anal feel about how you wanted things done then I would tell you straight up I'm the professional and you called me to come do the work so let me do the work or you can be a cool customer and help however you can such as offering to dig the hole or you can wait for dig safe to come mark after I toss down a non-pen and pull line across the yard for you to mow or go around for a few weeks. The common customer to this day never ceases to amaze me on how they can be so nice while there then stab you in the back when you leave..

My moto - NEVER trust the customer and hey, I'm even a Dish customer!!!

dvrexpander I hope you never do a pole mount for me, if frostline is 2'10" it needs to be more than the frostline deep.

You don't have to put a pole deeper than the frostline - you are putting a satellite dish on the end of it not a basketball backboard. If it is a Dishnet then yes its much heavier but you are using a heavier and more beefy pole and does require a little deeper but in those cases I take them and bend a few inches up (very hard to do so I do it at home before leaving with a vise and a sledge hammer). I do the same as I do with the others as in tamping the V end of the bend deeper into the ground past the 18"- 2foot depth and tamp concrete all around with a small cup of water to start the setup. Never have I once had an issue with any of them and I'm sure I never will unless of course we get some freak tornado that comes thru and then the install isn't covered under "Act of God".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)