Pole Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
circuit breaker box

Here is a picture of a circuit breaker box that comes from a Well Digging Company. They have them set up as a circuit breaker box in case lightening storms shut down the power. They are slightly larger then the boxes that came with the satellite dishes back in the hayday but still serve the purpose. I have one of those boxes still complete with the name of the satellite dealer now out of business. Was going to take a picture of that too but bad weather such as thunder storms prevented me. Maybe tomorrow I'll put up that image. Until hen here is one that is on my pump for my water.

Tom

:D

Attachments

• Cablebox_0001.jpg
    Cablebox_0001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 181
In my area a lot of BUDS have been removed and the poles are left. I started going around with a tractor (200 hp) and pulling them out with the 3 point hitch. People are glad to see them go! Only one so far had way too much concrete and we bent the pole - but we got it out! I have had luck resetting poles in new locations and adding more concrete. I think with all the new concrete along with the old I will never be able to pull them out again with my method!

I could use a smaller tractor but the large tractor does the job without straining getting the thing out of the ground. A good strong chain with a slip hook is what I wrap around the pole and then pull it out with. I hauled poles tied on the back of the tractor and I also trailered them. It is easier to leave on the back of the tractor but I will not go too many miles that way! The pole is then set in the ground at the new site with the tractor. It does save extra handling by not having to load and unload off of a trailer. I have had good luck with the old concrete too. The pole tends to stand by itself while I pour new concrete around it. Using a magnetic post level it is then pretty easy to "tweak" the pole until it is perfect.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts