Poll: 50x ,721 Owners - Would you pay for NBR?

NightRyder

1978 Y88 T/A 6.6 4 spd 1978-2020 RIP
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
Not trying to give anyone any ideas but thought it might be interesting to see how may DVR owners would pay a monthly fee to have NBR.

NightRyder

I would probably consider what the competition had to offer for the same price. I dont think Dish Network could implement a feature to turn on and off in the DVR's for a price. This would just tick off the existing customers and cause them to change providers. They would want grandfathered just like they did with the DVR fees.

Not me. Actually I really feel the $5/month fee should be removed. ;) I think the price of the unit and the monthly extra receiver fee is fair. Adding an NBR fee, I would not bite.

Not sure. I've been really happy with my 508 for years, and with the 721 I added earlier this year. I guess I like to "surf" occasionally, just to see what else is on. I find specials that I didn't know about, and that NBR wouldn't have found for me. If I were dependent on NBR, I'd probably miss some good programs.

If it is an additional fee on top of the existing $5 DVR fee, no. If it was included in the $5 DVR fee, no problem. If they got rid of the DVR fee and had a NBR fee...yeah, I'd probably pay. Maybe.

While my 721 has completely changed the way I watch TV, NBR is not worth any extra fees to me. But this might be because of my personal recording habits. I have an almost static PVR list + some manual one-time shows occasionally.

-Mark

cdru said:
If it is an additional fee on top of the existing $5 DVR fee, no. If it was included in the $5 DVR fee, no problem. If they got rid of the DVR fee and had a NBR fee...yeah, I'd probably pay. Maybe.

I thought the question was about those DVRs without the DVR fee (currently). Are we willing to pay the fee if we get NBR.

-Mark

markusian said:
I thought the question was about those DVRs without the DVR fee (currently). Are we willing to pay the fee if we get NBR.

-Mark

That was my intent and the reason I didn't include the 921 and 510 in the question. In my mind anyone paying the bogus VOD fee should be getting NBR. My 508 and 501 work perfectly fine and I see no reason to wish the headaches NBR might cause upon myself. :)

NightRyder

no extra $, but the 721 and 50x should get NBR, if for no other reason than they promised it. I hate having to find the schedule changes.

I'd consider paying a one-time fee for a software upgrade like that, but I would not pay a monthly fee for software features.

I have a 721 and a 501 and wouldn't pay if I had to pay for each receiver like the people with 510's or 921's. I feel that that any fee for DVR's should be per account. That is why I'm trying to stay with what I got.

I would be willing to pay a $5 a month PVR fee on my 501 if NBR was added and it was per account and not receiver.

Having the 721 was more expensive up front than a TIVO that has a monthly fee, so I feel that what paid for included "future" features that were announced. :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)