Votes: 26 13.1%

• Total voters

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
Okay, a LOT of problems have been reported with the HDMI output port of the 211, 411, and 622 receivers.

Please only indicate if your port is working or not working based on recent experience. That is, if it worked the last time you tested it, but that was 2 months ago, then please do not vote that yours is working.

I set it up for multiple choice, so if you have two different receivers then report on each. But I can't didn't set it up for two 622s (or 211s) so if you have one that isn't working, please vote in the negative so that we can assess how many people are having problems.

Last edited:
We have a few respondents but not enough to see any trend yet. Only 15 users of the new MPEG4 receivers who use the HDMI port have reported, with 1/3rd of them experiencing problems.

i voted for i have 622 and it has problems, i dont have a 622 but my buddy does he doesnt have a cpu
he would use hdmi connection if it worked so instead he is relagated to using component cables

Every other morning, I get audio only when I turn on the 622 and my Plasma to watch Sunrise Earth. The only thing that fixes it is a hard reset.

222 problems

when i got the 222 hdmi didnt work at all on my 56 jvc just flashed. now i have audio and no picture. now with this new3 update my reciver is locking up all the time. never had so many problems with a reciver. i'm ready to go back to my 301 and the hell with this over priced hd stuff.

Trends are starting to develop. We now have 58 reports from people using their HDMI connection and 21 are experiencing problems. A 36% problem rate is not good.

So far it is worse for the 211/411 than the 622, but we don't have enough data in yet to see if that trend holds up.

I've had my 622 for about 3 months, had no problems for 2. The past month, using HDMI connection, will fade in and out and then go black with audio. Have to reboot.

My 622 HDMI worked fine until the L3.59 release..now, nothing :mad: ...I have trouble believing it broke just after taking the new software.

rlarryvt said:
I've had my 622 for about 3 months, had no problems for 2. The past month, using HDMI connection, will fade in and out and then go black with audio. Have to reboot.
I've had that same issue. But rather than rebooting, try unplugging the HDMI from the 622 and then replug it. That worked pretty quickly for me. I also don't use the HDMI audio function.

Toshiba Television.

Okay, we're building up some reasonable numbers now.

We have reports on 99 211/411/622 receivers.

On 62 of them, people are using the HDMI connector without a problem.

However 37 are having problems. This is 3 out of every 8. That's a high incidence rate. High enough that someone about to get a new receiver and planning to connect via HDMI to have some SERIOUS concerns about whether it will work.

This is not just an annoying 5% level problem.

Tom Bombadil said:
Okay, we're building up some reasonable numbers now.

We have reports on 99 211/411/622 receivers.

On 62 of them, people are using the HDMI connector without a problem.

However 37 are having problems. This is 3 out of every 8. That's a high incidence rate. High enough that someone about to get a new receiver and planning to connect via HDMI to have some SERIOUS concerns about whether it will work.

This is not just an annoying 5% level problem.

Exactly...that's why it is great that you posted this poll as I am one of the ones considering moving to the 622 and unfortuately I am not feeling all warm and fuzzy about it......think I'll wait a little longer. Thank You SO MUCH!!!!:D :D

I've had the VIP622 for a whopping 2 days. Noticed the heat problem and have had one re-boot when setting up a dish pass. No problems with HDMI however I am using a DVI connection on my plasma.

I just switched over from Component to HDMI and it seems to work fine but does the picture seem a bit soft (not as clear as component) to anyone else?:confused:

Thanx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts