POLL - Does Remote Access work on your 722K?

Does your 722K receiver work with Dish Remote Access?

• Yes

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters

Juergen99

Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
Midwest
As a new Dish customer I was excited to try out the Dish Remote Access feature. It doesn't work for me. After some research amongst the many threads It appears to me that the new 722k receiver might not be 'compatible' yet. My serial number starts with R01-xxxx... and I think the 722 and earlier starts with R00-xxxx... Could this be the problem??

Does your 722K receiver work with Dish Remote Access?

Edit: It works for me now. See #12 below for info on how

Last edited:
The R01 can definitely be your problem but I never had remote access working reliably until I changed my router. I had a 3 yr old Linksys (non-Ciscojunk) BEFSX41 (the VPN one) and my 622 would never keep the connection alive.

I swapped out the router to a Dlink DIR-655 2 weeks ago and I'm blown away with both it's speed, significant reduction in network latency and both the 622 and 722k are rock stable with remote access.

So if it's not a R01 issue, check your router.

R01

I have an R01 , just got hooked up last week. DRA does not work for me.

You have to register your new receiver online and using the menu option of the receiver itself.

When you say "register" do you mean on the Dish site or Sling site? There seems to be alot of confusion on this point (at least for me). I don't have a Slingbox but I tried both anyway.

What menu option do you mean?

When you say "register" do you mean on the Dish site or Sling site? There seems to be alot of confusion on this point (at least for me). I don't have a Slingbox but I tried both anyway.

What menu option do you mean?

Mine is working fine. If you register on the dish site and then log into your dish account it will appear as one of the last menu items on the left. I just used it yesterday to create a couple of dish passes for new series starting soon. I also used it to delete a couple of miniseries that are finished (all from work computer).

I'm not by my receiver right now but I believe there is a menu item (if I recall correctly) that asks you to confirm your rcvr #. If the answer doesn't show up beforehand I'll check it when I get home this evening.

My 722K works fine, but as others have pointed out, there is a process to make it work, perhaps cumbersome. One must follow the directions meticulously.

IF you go into the menu of the receiver itself ; menu , #6,#1, #8 (broadband setup), hit number #2 nickname setup -name it living room or bedroom or whatever you like, then #3 web activation it will tell you what to do from there.

IF you go into the menu of the receiver itself ; menu , #6,#1, #8 (broadband setup), hit number #2 nickname setup -name it living room or bedroom or whatever you like, then #3 web activation it will tell you what to do from there.

When I read this I was thinking..."I don't recall seeing any option for nickname or web activation". I get home and hit MENU, 6, 1 ,8 but at that point I only see options 1 and 0. I hit 2 anyway and the nickname dialog appears, then 3 for web activation. It gives me a number and I am instructed to go to dish.sling.com in the next 15 minutes. I go to the site and it says "Dish Remote Access is unavailable. We are currently upgrading the site. " I will try again later. Mike, do you see options 2 & 3? This is truly weird. :confused:

Same here... when I go 6, 1, 8 I see ...

1 Network setup
0 cancel

press 1---->

I.P. address XXXXX Reset connection
primary dns xxxxxx cancel
sec dns xxxxxx done
mac address xxxxxxxxxx

connection status

connected online

Oh, I tried pressing 2 even though there isnt a 2 on the menu and I get the nickname set....will play with later, other half is watching some Lifetime movie..........

Last edited:
Yes, I see both option 2 and 3 . You might need to talk to a dish tech about why you are not seeing it. It might be because I was already registered as a beta user of the sling feature before it went live to all dish subs.

Yes, I see both option 2 and 3 . You might need to talk to a dish tech about why you are not seeing it. It might be because I was already registered as a beta user of the sling feature before it went live to all dish subs.

If I could find a TECH that even KNEW what I was talking about....

Quote:
DISH Remote Access is unavailable.

We are currently upgrading the site.

Is what dish.sling.com is showing right now. Perhaps there is an issue on Dish's end right now.

The Dish Sling site is back up and it now has the grid working correctly again. maybe they also fixed the R01 problem as well on the 722K.

I'm in too , but have to put in activation number each time I log in

cool ......at least it works, for now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)