rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
I created a poll at http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...3-directv-mpeg4-pq-declining.html#post1434269 and made it public. I made it public so I could see if non DirecTV members were voting in it, or if it was a mistaken vote (a comment they post is 180 degrees different then their vote).

Sometime after the poll was created a mod changed it from a public to a private poll. Why was the poll changed and if a mod changes a poll why don't they stand up and say that they did change it and why? Before it was changed to private I did catch one incorrect vote, comment said they voted no change but their vote said it did. I also caught a post from an E* only user saying they PQ had changed for the worst and they're not a D* customers. Now that it's a private poll I have no way to see if more mistakes have been made.

I've looked on the site and I don't see any guidelines that say what can and what can't be a public poll. If you aren't going to allow for public polls why even have it as an option for the poll, I ask since this is not the 1st time that I've seen this occur on this site? For a site that prides itself on it's openness and how unlike they are compared to others, this seems more like an action that another site would take.

I've not had any problems with doing a public Poll. I haven't done one in awhile, but I don't think any new rules apply. But I also don't think when doing a poll ,I don't think its fair for members to view the answers of the other members either. I don't think its fair to isolate someone because of their answer. And we all know thats what happends. If they choose to post their answer in the thread, thats at his or her on will. Most all Polls aren't showing the persons name and who they voted for.

I created a poll at http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...3-directv-mpeg4-pq-declining.html#post1434269 and made it public. I made it public so I could see if non DirecTV members were voting in it, or if it was a mistaken vote (a comment they post is 180 degrees different then their vote).

Sometime after the poll was created a mod changed it from a public to a private poll. Why was the poll changed and if a mod changes a poll why don't they stand up and say that they did change it and why? Before it was changed to private I did catch one incorrect vote, comment said they voted no change but their vote said it did. I also caught a post from an E* only user saying they PQ had changed for the worst and they're not a D* customers. Now that it's a private poll I have no way to see if more mistakes have been made.

I've looked on the site and I don't see any guidelines that say what can and what can't be a public poll. If you aren't going to allow for public polls why even have it as an option for the poll, I ask since this is not the 1st time that I've seen this occur on this site? For a site that prides itself on it's openness and how unlike they are compared to others, this seems more like an action that another site would take.
There is no option in the cp to make the poll private,( nor an option to make public) software glitch in vb I guess as I looked at everything I could think of...

There is no option in the cp to make the poll private,( nor an option to make public) software glitch in vb I guess as I looked at everything I could think of...

Will someone make sure that Scott or LER can look into this them? Thanks

Yes indeed its a bug with our software. I am told that the new software fixes this issue. :)

I will be back from vacation tomorrow. :D

This is working as I just tested it.

MAKE SURE TO CHECK THAT YOU WANT THE RESULTS PUBLIC...

Once you have voted you will see the number of votes... CLICK ON THE NUMBER OF VOTES for each poll response, it will then show you who voted.

This is working as I just tested it.

MAKE SURE TO CHECK THAT YOU WANT THE RESULTS PUBLIC...

Once you have voted you will see the number of votes... CLICK ON THE NUMBER OF VOTES for each poll response, it will then show you who voted.

I guess I didn't know how to use it. Thanks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)