Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
We all know Jason Gideon (Mandy Patinkin) was the "heart & soul" of Criminal Minds for episodes 1-48 until his unexpected departure in August 2007. Since then, he was replaced by David Rossi (Joe Magtegna) who joined the show at episode 52.

Well, now that we've had some time to compare and contrast the two characters and evaluate their influence on the show, who do you prefer and why?

I've always like Mandy from Princess Bride to especially Dead Like Me. Joe seems a little forced. Although I don't mind him.

S~

When Mandy Patinkin mysteriously left the show, I thought the series may be doomed since the entire show focused around his character of Jason Gideon. To be honest, for the while the show suffered as the characters assumed larger roles and the writers tried to figure how to develop these characters, releationships, etc. I can't say I have any too impressed with Hotch, but Rossi has grown on me and the other team members have picked up the slack and have done an excellent job. While Rossi has grown on me, he is certainly no Gideon...and there are still a few things than annoy me about Rossi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts