(POLL) -Stand alone sling vs Dish-sling...

Dish has Disabled stand-alone sling support...Tell dish how you feel

• Please re-enable alone sling software support!

Votes: 74 98.7%
  • The dish site is more than adequate

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

SolApathy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 28, 2005
Everyone with a 922 already knows about this topic

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-vi...m/209190-slingplayer-2-0-compatable-link.html
SlingPlayer 2.0 (compatable) -link

Dish decided it was in their best interest to force Sling viewing on computers through their unreliable bandwidth limited servers...

Not to mention the lag experience even within a LAN environment ( I believe they are forcing traffic to go through the web)

This is a poll to show our displeasure ( or at least mine) in this decision & our request for stand alone sling software support to be reinstated.

Last edited:
I'm hoping we can get this (or another poll like it) set as a sticky so everyone can see it, vote & then forward it to Dish.

On my laptop when I try to play HD from the web the sound stutters and it only streams at 2800-3000kbs on the older sling software HD playback is perfect and it streams at 7600-8000kbs

Who wouldn't want the Dish web page access rather than the stand alone Slingplayer..... I guess anyone who might actually want to watch something being slung :mad:

jhu22o.jpg

I agree 100%, the 922 should be supported by the stand along Slingplayer application.

We know it works as it works with the older version of the Slingplayer software (on the PC... it has never worked on the stand alone version on the MAC.) so this means they intentionally disabled Slingplayer Support.

The website i very clunky and does not work half the time.

It is a SLING Device so let me use the SLING PLAYER to watch my Sling service (which I am paying an additional $4 a month for!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts