Poll: What services does you take advantage of?

bcshields

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2003
Delaware
What services do you use?

Digital Only
DVR Only
HDTV Only
High Speed Internet Only
On Demand/DVR
On Demand/DVR/Internet
HDTV/DVR
HDTV/Internet
HDTV/DVR/Internet
HDTV/DVR/On Demand/Internet

I haven't been too impressed with the OnDemand stuff yet. Its mostly SD, and the quality isn't great. Plus the free movies are pretty weak. I notice a lot of former Voom movies on the free OnDemand list. :)

Oh, and I have HD/DVR/Internet (cant pass up the 4Mbit down!!!)...

-John

nice

I have HDTV/DVR/On Demand and since I have all the premium channels, I think the On Demand stuff is great!! The movie selection is actually pretty good when you have all the channels! I had no expectations.. and have been impressed. The OD stuff is not just movies, they have guitar lessons, concerts, fitness stuff (girlfriend teaches yoga) as well as the always hilarious "Dating on Demand"!

Check out "LongTongue" when you get the chance!!

daVe

Comast HD channels have been outstanding so far. I just got installed last weekend. I like the dvr also. It is my first experience with one and it is rather cool. I wish channels 65-99 came in better. I have been told 2-99 are analog and some of them are pretty much unwatchable. One of them is TVLand and it happens to be one of my favorites. I have tried a splitter and an amp but it does not help except with the splitter. The splitter helps with the bad channels but it knocks out all the others.

Comcast Services

I signed up for HDTV/DVR/On Demand/Internet (although my on demand does not work on the HDDVR but works on the other 2 HD Boxes.....service call Sat AM should rectify situation or signal booster). DVR sucks wind (Motorola DCT-6412); HD picture quality is great; Internet is only slightly faster than my Verizon DSL during peak times (3.3 vs 2.8mbps) but has 2X slower upload speed (375 vs 770 kbps) (for sending large files) compared to my Verizon. Wayne

I have HDTV/DVR/On Demand/Internet. Very happy with the HD/DVR. The internet is great I have the 6mb alot faster then my old SBC DSL. On Demand is one of the best features they have I use it all the time. Like Dawson9 said if you have the premium channels its very worth while.

omard. said:
On Demand is one of the best features they have I use it all the time. Like Dawson9 said if you have the premium channels its very worth while.

Really? I only have the Starz pack (was free for 90 days -- won't renew it either), and there's not much on the on demand. I find I prefer to search the PG, and use the DVR on the HD channel instead of watching the on demand stuff. I guess with better premium channels like Sho or HBO you probably get access to a lot of the series like Pen & Teller... that would be cool I guess.

-John

Wow 6mbps!

omard. said:
I have HDTV/DVR/On Demand/Internet. Very happy with the HD/DVR. The internet is great I have the 6mb alot faster then my old SBC DSL. On Demand is one of the best features they have I use it all the time. Like Dawson9 said if you have the premium channels its very worth while.

Wow 6mbps ......that's fast! Is that in peak time (more impressive at 9PM than at 6AM)? I think in Baltimore they are only offering 6mbps to business customers (at far more than $29.99 going to $42.95 after 6 months) (I think it is $69.95). I think FIOS competitition will bring the cable price down to $30.00 per month soon (not just for intro price).
Wayne

Wayne88 said:
Wow 6mbps ......that's fast!

I have the 4mbps/386kbps service, but the 6mbps/768kbps service is available here (Howard Co, MD) for $10 a month more. A lot faster than my old 768/128 DSL line...

-John

Comcast Internet speed and cost

jgantert said:
I have the 4mbps/386kbps service, but the 6mbps/768kbps service is available here (Howard Co, MD) for $10 a month more. A lot faster than my old 768/128 DSL line...

-John
Yes but the problem is $10 more than $42.95 is a lot more than the $29.95 that I pay for my Verizon DSL which gives me 2.82mbps/770kbps. While I have measured Comcast at about 4mbps in my house it is more like 3.3mbps during usership time 8PM-11:30PM. Verizon DSL speed is not influenced by the time of day that you measure it. For some reason, the same was not true for Cavalier DSL. Cavalier DSL (for $25) gave me up to 5mbps/850kbps but during peak times, the speed went down to like 300-500kbps down and stayed at 850kbps up.
Wayne

I looked for this but couldn't find it. Where is it at?
Thanks

jgantert said:
Oh, almost forgot about BUZZtime! It's an interactive trivia game. Pretty cool stuff!!!

-John

skakusha said:
No VOD here in South Florida. Any HD VOD, or HD Pay Per View yet?

Yeah, we got two movies in HDOD. One IMAX film (normally shows on INHD) for $3.99. And Sharks Tale HD for 5.99. I thought there were about 5 movies in there the previous time I checked, but thing change I guess.

BTW, with VOD, I have StarzOD, and they dont seem to play all of the movies that the starz website says should be available on the channel. (like currently Ginger Snaps Back).

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)