Ponyo

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Ponyo

This is a movie that Disney has released in the states that was originally produced by studio Ghibli as directed by Hayao Myiazaki producer of several other incredible stories such as Howl's moving castle, Spirited away, Kiki's delivery service, Princess Mononoke, The cat returns, Whisper of the heart ( teenage chick flick ), My neighbor Totoro ( oh my god get this in place of Barney and you wont regret not hearing " I love you you love me" all day long), Pom Poko, and Porco Rosso ( kinda a guy flick ) to name a few.

Ponyo is an incredible story and had me sitting in my seat feeling like a kid again which hasn't happened in a long long time. This is really a good family film and my 5 year old loved it just as much as my wife and I did and with it being G rated it is %100 safe to take anyone to unless their scared of a little magic and traditional Japanese beliefs thrown in. Much of the voice over work with the main characters is done by several well known actors such as Liam Neeson, Betty White, Cloris Leachman, Matt Damon, Tina Fey, Lilly Tomlin, and Cate Blanchet to name a few.

Due to poor advertising and someone within Disney F ing up distribution is severely limited so when doing a theater search you may have to go up to 50 miles out to find it but I can honestly say that it is worth the drive to take the kids to see this film.

All of the movies listed are incredible and worth every penny to get and add to your movie library of family and kids movies to watch. All the movies range from Cool to WOW!! did you see that??!! with several drawing heavily on ancient Japanese lore such as Pom Poko. The only one that I would recommend caution with around young children is Princess Mononoke due to some blood and violence and imagery but the rest are family safe and really enjoyable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts