Poor e-mail support from Dish?

antdude

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
An Ant Farm
Hi!

Hello. A few days ago, I filled out their e-mail forms to contact Dish three times this week with simple/basic questions about their TV services. However, I did not get any e-mail replies. I used two different e-mail addresses and ISPs (work and home) too. This is not looking good who is interested in buying their service. Time Warner Cable (TWC) and DirecTV were quick and responsive though.

Thank you in advance.
frown.png

Contact the DIRT team here on the forum. On-duty members appear at the bottom of the forum main page in red print, in the Active Users section. Just send one of them a private message. No company's customer service beats DIRT!

Contact the DIRT team here on the forum. On-duty members appear at the bottom of the forum main page in red print, in the Active Users section. Just send one of them a private message. No company's customer service beats DIRT!
Is there a list of them to leave a message (don't need instant replies)? I haven't seen any online. Maybe it is because the weekend?

Hi!

Hello. A few days ago, I filled out their e-mail forms to contact Dish three times this week with simple/basic questions about their TV services. However, I did not get any e-mail replies. I used two different e-mail addresses and ISPs (work and home) too. This is not looking good who is interested in buying their service. Time Warner Cable (TWC) and DirecTV were quick and responsive though.

Thank you in advance.
frown.png

I am always happy to assist customers in anyway that I can. Please PM me and I help you right away. Thank you!

Yes, I am expecting support.

Yes, at times we all are, but if you are expecting support only from email, take the time to start a thread and make a point in a Dish forum to say how others provide email support and Dish isn't, I am thinking why consider Dish then? You choose email support which apparently is not a strong point for Dish, I choose the Dirt Team, a can't miss support option, or for simple things the online chat with a printable transcript.

Yes, at times we all are, but if you are expecting support only from email, take the time to start a thread and make a point in a Dish forum to say how others provide email support and Dish isn't, I am thinking why consider Dish then? You choose email support which apparently is not a strong point for Dish, I choose the Dirt Team, a can't miss support option, or for simple things the online chat with a printable transcript.
So far DIRT team's private message, on third party web sites, works well. I find it amusing that area is strong compared to their e-mail support.

It's an officially sanctioned support connection to Dish, to their credit. And actually at least one other provider (maybe Comcast can't remember) also participates.

I ansewer lots of emails from the Dishstore. From new service to tech support, I usually ansewer them all.

To be honest, the ones that are short and require a shore responce get responded to immediatly. The ones that require me to spend 10 minutes typing out a responce take longer to get a reply to, as I got to read the customers email 3-4 times to make sure I understand it properly and address all the points.

Many times I'll get a long winded tech support question, and its easier to have the customer call me.

As far as sales questions, its much easier just to pick up the phone and call.

All customer emails are important. If your not a fast typer like me, it takes much longer to ansewer emails.

I ansewer lots of emails from the Dishstore. From new service to tech support, I usually ansewer them all.

To be honest, the ones that are short and require a shore responce get responded to immediatly. The ones that require me to spend 10 minutes typing out a responce take longer to get a reply to, as I got to read the customers email 3-4 times to make sure I understand it properly and address all the points.

Many times I'll get a long winded tech support question, and its easier to have the customer call me.

As far as sales questions, its much easier just to pick up the phone and call.

All customer emails are important. If your not a fast typer like me, it takes much longer to ansewer emails.
But taking five days? I can understand five hours, but days?

So far DIRT team's private message, on third party web sites, works well. I find it amusing that area is strong compared to their e-mail support.

Because your not dealing with some unknown person. Your dealing with people who do care about your Dish experience. Glad you came over here from usenent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)