Poor signal strength on 110

larsh74

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2006
I am having problems with low signal strength on the 110 sat. I have replaced every piece of equipment at this customer's house with the exception of the dish. We are using a 625 and a DPP twin run through a seperator. The only transponders having this problem are 23, 25, 27 and 29 (I think). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What are the signal readings on those TPs? Have you tried a different separator? and last try a different receiver just to check the signal readings. I would even try a single receiver without a separator just to see what kind of readings you get.

well i just checked the signals on those transponders here at the store (in kingman, az) and i only get a signal on the 27 (spotbeam) of 75. all others didnt register any signal at all.

The signal strengths varied from the mid to low 40's. I did try replacing the seperator but did not see any improvement. The receiver was replaced due to a "fatal" error when trying to access the DVR menu. The only thing I have not tried is using a single tuner receiver. The customer says she periodically loses her signal all together only on sat 110. My initial thought was that it was related to the low signal strengths I mentioned above. Strange that you are not even receiving signals on those transponders. Maybe there are no channels on those transponders and it is unrelated to the problem.

The customer is receiving locals from Augusta, Ga. I believe they are on transponder 20 but I could be wrong.

I don't know what type of meter you use, but to eliminate all possibilities, use a dual LNB in the 110 slot and peak it out. Try skew first. If you have a Birdog use a twin and switch between 119 and 110 ,but peak for 110. Then put the DDP Twin back in and see how thing are.

Hope that helps:)

larsh74 said:
I am having problems with low signal strength on the 110 sat. I have replaced every piece of equipment at this customer's house with the exception of the dish. We are using a 625 and a DPP twin run through a seperator. The only transponders having this problem are 23, 25, 27 and 29 (I think). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go stand behind the dish and look left to right and see if there are any trees in the way of the dish. It sounds like your dish is out of peak. Call Customer service and set up a Trouble Call

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts