Pop HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Uncompressed SD looks pretty darn good, all things considered.

As for new HD on Dish, I'd rather they spend their time "working" on new encoders, so we can watch what they already provide without frame rate judder. A year of that crap is long enough.
My Vizio tv has a judder reduction setting to counter any judder in the picture.

Reactions: TheKrell
My favorite defunct channel has to be whichever of the VoOm channels showed the old UFO and Captain Scarlet shows. I've done forgot the names of all those channels by now.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I thought of that one, but the last time it came up in an HD channel request thread (which was quite a long time ago) someone said that Boomerang does not even have a HD feed. Do you know whether they have launched one since then? I think all of the Boomerang VOD on Dish is still SD, even though Dish carries HD VOD of some other channels that are not carried in HD, such as Disney XD which was pointed out earlier.

All/most of boomerang’s shows are only SD. So to save bandwidth they leave it up to you to have a tv that upscales the content.

All/most of boomerang’s shows are only SD. So to save bandwidth they leave it up to you to have a tv that upscales the content.
Not only that, but most old cartoons with limited color depth don't benefit much from the higher resolution, and upscale better than live action content. Which is probably why Boomerang hasn't offered an HD version.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Sorry...I thought maybe they added an HD feed because on recent airings of tom and jerry there are parts that play in what looks like a 4:3 box....Regardless, it is a channel we enjoy even if it is only in SD....

Sorry...I thought maybe they added an HD feed because on recent airings of tom and jerry there are parts that play in what looks like a 4:3 box....Regardless, it is a channel we enjoy even if it is only in SD....
Also, it is important to note that many of Boomerang's shows originally aired on Cartoon Network, which is in HD. So, there is HD content available, just not on Boomerang, nor on Boomerang VOD. A good example of this is DC Super Hero Girls. When I look through the Animated section of VOD, not all of the episodes are in the same folder, which puzzled me. Then I finally figured it out. One folder is for Boomerang VOD, and all of those episodes are in SD. The other folder is for Cartoon Network VOD, and most (maybe all) of those episodes have an HD version available.

My Vizio tv has a judder reduction setting to counter any judder in the picture.

My three tv's do as well. Those settings make no difference. I also have a subscription to Bell TV. No Judder, even on the same shows. OTA? No judder. NAS and Blu Ray? Same same. It's at the source, not here. I've even taken to downloading a couple of shows (that I'm already paying for) from less than reputable sources, so I watch the show without being bothered by jerky motion.

My three tv's do as well. Those settings make no difference. I also have a subscription to Bell TV. No Judder, even on the same shows. OTA? No judder. NAS and Blu Ray? Same same. It's at the source, not here. I've even taken to downloading a couple of shows (that I'm already paying for) from less than reputable sources, so I watch the show without being bothered by jerky motion.
My tv also has a setting called Clear action and it clearly says that using it will cause some sensitive viewers to see a flicker action on the screen. Possibly you have a setting on your tv like this and it is enabled?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I refuse to watch ANY movie in SD any longer period. I will only watch the HD channels and I really don't know why they haven't upgraded the remaining Premium movie channels like Encore to HD . HD has been the norm now since 2010 when we did the digital transition.
and and it kind of defeats the purpose of having the multi-channel suite of a particular premium Movie Channel if you can't watch maybe the same movie at a different time on a different Channel but I won't because it's in SD. I've experienced that frustration a lot when I used to subscribe to premiums.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
My tv also has a setting called Clear action and it clearly says that using it will cause some sensitive viewers to see a flicker action on the screen. Possibly you have a setting on your tv like this and it is enabled?

But then it would also occur on the D/L'ed version or on Bell, would it not? All TV's are set to "standard". I do note that the severity of juddering has lessened since it began. A year ago when this started, it was so bad that occasionally I would see an object appear and disappear as it moved across the screen. It doesn't occur on all channels and only on 'filmed' content, never live or live on tape and I usually only notice it in low light scenes. I also never see it during commercial breaks. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts