Port issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aspore

Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
Has anyone else with the IPTV been having any issues with 'server busy', 'unable to access' or something like that? They said that it was an issue with the ports inside my modem, or my ISP is blocking them or something? Anyone have any suggestions on how to perhaps get these ports in my modem unblocked? I called my ISP (Frontier) and they said that they do not block ports. My modem is a Speedstream 4200 I believe.:)

Has anyone else with the IPTV been having any issues with 'server busy', 'unable to access' or something like that? They said that it was an issue with the ports inside my modem, or my ISP is blocking them or something? Anyone have any suggestions on how to perhaps get these ports in my modem unblocked? I called my ISP (Frontier) and they said that they do not block ports. My modem is a Speedstream 4200 I believe.:)

You probably need to configure the firewall settings on your Speedstream.
Open your Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator Web browser.
In the Address bar, enter the default router IP address: http://speedstream and press Enter. This displays the “Gateway Administrator Setup” window.

If you download the Speedstream 4200 users guide, it explains how to set the firewall to low or off. If you know the ports that Skyangel is using, you can set them to open, or forward the ports to the ip address on the Skyangel converter.

Do you use a router with security settings? If so, try turning them off to see if that's it.

Speaking of ports...does anybody here know what ports Skyangel uses? I searched the Skyangel webpage but cannot find.

ports 80,1755,2755,3755.

I got a new router from frontier. A gigaset se567, but I can NOT figure out how to get a WEP key set up on this thing. I really hate the way the CD they give me tries to take over my computer. It adds a toolbar for Frontier and changes my homepage and tries to do other things I don't know what. I liked my speedstream a lot better, this Gigaset is a piece of junk. I can't change anything of importance on the web utility. This is a headache and a half. The gigaset comes with a WEP installed and nowhere can I figure out what that is or change it without running the CD again. I am very frustrated, I don't see how Frontier doesn't understand their modems are pieces of junk.

well, I finally figured it out. It was a little more obvious than I gave it credit for, but I still don't like the way this thing works. Oh well, I DMZ'd it and static IP'd my skyangel box, disabled all the security on the gigaset and finally got my skyangel to work. This is really hard for some TV.

Last edited:
Like I said to another poster you might want to give this a free trial.

Network Magic - Set up and Manage Your Home Network with One Easy Application

If you're feeling a little bold this program may help with some other problems you may or may not have and is free but just requests a donation.

CCleaner - Home

One word of warning on the cleaner though. In it's default setting it will clear out cookies, passwords, browser history, and such. Which is probably a good thing from a security standpoint. You have to de-select those if you like to leave them on your PC.

I love this thing! The registry scan has saved me from numerous hours of toiling to figure out what's messed up where.

When I first got Sky Angel IPTV, my box was continually buffering. The Sky Angel technician put me on a server which was closer to my city, and the buffering problem went away.

Later, I had a buffering problem, but for a different reason. I then figured out how to give priority to the IPTV boxes as far as bandwidth, and that resolved my buffering problem.

Whenever I've had "server busy" (not very often), I simply turn off my Sky Angel box, wait a minute, then turn it back on. That has always fixed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts