Positive Dish CSR Experience

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gorbash

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Fayetteville, Texas
With all the stories of lame CSRs and bad experiences, I though I share my positive experience.

I had to call Dish yesterday as I couldn't stand the loss of 129 anymore. Every night starting about 8:00 all the channels on 129's transponders would get a signal of 0-11, completely ruining the recordings of channels like Discovery and Cartoon Network.

I tried pointing the dish myself, it helped a little bit, but it would still crap out. So I called the 800 number, and to my surprise I had a friendly, knowledgeable, Texan answer the phone.

After explaining my problem, she had me read off the numbers of the receiver, and what Sats I was receiving, and determined that the LNB was going out, and set up a service call. Then she told me it would cost me $49.99 to have someone come out. I said that is ridiculous that I should have to pay for a problem with a bad LNB. She said she could waive the fee because I've never had a sevice call. :up

I thought it was odd they wanted to charge me to fix an issue with their equipment I don't own.. they waved the fee for me as well.. just check your bill next month you'll probably have the dish Home protection plan for 5.99

I find it a bit annoying that they waive the fee once you start to question it or complain about it. Sort of a "let's see what sticks" issue. I would think this would especially upset those that are more susceptible to issues like this, such as seniors and those more confused by technology.

This isn't the first time I've heard, or had experience with, DISH stating they'll charge you for something and then after a complaint on the issue, the politely waive the charge.

ok so they wanted to charge you but since you complained and they were worried about loosing another customer they waived the $50 buck they were going to screw you with? I would think good customer service would have been to offer a free service call when they installed it and it's their equipment.

I didn't say I would leave, as I'm locked into a 2+ year contract and would cost me too much to switch to Direct.

It would have been an outstanding CSR call if they offered a free service call, but as I was expecting to be charged a fee after reading other people's experiences on the forum.

And the fact that they waived the fee at all is amazing, at least to me.

There are, very few, truly informed, tech savvy support individuals at Dish.

One such outstanding individual, Justin (Dish Employee ID: P170989).

Bright, articulate with formal education in systems' integration management.

He's got his Game on at Dish!

With all the stories of lame CSRs and bad experiences, I though I share my positive experience.

I had to call Dish yesterday as I couldn't stand the loss of 129 anymore. Every night starting about 8:00 all the channels on 129's transponders would get a signal of 0-11, completely ruining the recordings of channels like Discovery and Cartoon Network.

I tried pointing the dish myself, it helped a little bit, but it would still crap out. So I called the 800 number, and to my surprise I had a friendly, knowledgeable, Texan answer the phone.

After explaining my problem, she had me read off the numbers of the receiver, and what Sats I was receiving, and determined that the LNB was going out, and set up a service call. Then she told me it would cost me $49.99 to have someone come out. I said that is ridiculous that I should have to pay for a problem with a bad LNB. She said she could waive the fee because I've never had a sevice call. :up

There are so many terrible experiences that it is always nice to read through a positive one. It's just sort of weird that they waive the fee once a person questions it. Regardless, I have found (for me personally) that the online chat seems to work best. Even there I have had frustrating experiences. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)