Positive messages

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sharris

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
Calgary area
The real deal with this forum is the positive messages...you guys.... totally enjoy this forum... very litlle negitive like I've seen with other forums. Right on! As you may have noticed, I'm kind of a renegade, out there. If You Any time you need some police officer prescence let me know. As much as it mean across the border.....Icebrg...and cascade..you rock....

Just thought I'd add that I'm pisssed right now and sorrry for being such a dunb asss. It would be cool to meet you guys and swap some stories...Man, did you see them chicks photos at the convention! Holy sh*t......Thank you Satellite Guys....

Quoted for posterity:

sharris said:
The real deal with this forum is the positive messages...you guys.... totally enjoy this forum... very litlle negitive like I've seen with other forums. Right on! As you may have noticed, I'm kind of a renegade, out there. If You Any time you need some police officer prescence let me know. As much as it mean across the border.....Icebrg...and cascade..you rock....

sharris said:
Just thought I'd add that I'm pisssed right now and sorrry for being such a dunb asss. It would be cool to meet you guys and swap some stories...Man, did you see them chicks photos at the convention! Holy sh*t......Thank you Satellite Guys....

sharris you lightweight ;)
Sounds like someone's gonna need some dry toast and water this morning :)

sharris (after one budlite) has a good point, in a lot of other forums newbies would simply get flamed instead of getting the help they need.
The great thing about this place is there are always people to help out and do so whether they've been doing it for decades or have only just started, anyone's free to offer their experience without fear of ridicule or attack.

I'm sure CharredPC will have a comment to add about this later.

Before the FTA section was started about a year ago, the people who had a FTA system had the General satellite section.

I had been a member of other boards and all they do is flame the newbies
"Did you read the rules?"
"Try a search for your answer"
and other things.

I don't like rules like that. I have no problem answering the same question 100 times. Also, since the original question was asked, things have changed that generate a new answer.

I want the newbies to stay here, and not get shooed away. Remember...we ALL were newbies at one time.:)

I think the job that Iceberg and all the mods do is incredible. And as someone who has been reading through many of the back postings here I can assure you they DO answer the same question over and over. Your indulgence is greatly appreciated!

Iceberg said:
Before the FTA section was started about a year ago, the people who had a FTA system had the General satellite section.

I had been a member of other boards and all they do is flame the newbies
"Did you read the rules?"
"Try a search for your answer"
and other things.

I don't like rules like that. I have no problem answering the same question 100 times. Also, since the original question was asked, things have changed that generate a new answer.

I want the newbies to stay here, and not get shooed away. Remember...we ALL were newbies at one time.:)

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
I think the job that Iceberg and all the mods do is incredible. And as someone who has been reading through many of the back postings here I can assure you they DO answer the same question over and over. Your indulgence is greatly appreciated!
I agree. I started back-reading the forum and I'm into about November '04 now.

I learned some cool things - like:

Iceberg must have a 'No Hack Talk!¡!¡!' generator. It's almost worthy of a 'best of'.

I learned that diplexers work just fine with FTA stuff (saved a question there!)

I also learned a cool trick for pointing the offset LNB: Make up and fine tune the satelite position via USALS vs pointing the dish with 1.2. This makes it easier to keep the sats in order as you hit 'em on the arc. The channel editing software will let you sort the chanels by satellite position (123w, 110w, etc).

It is an interesting read to 'back-read' the forum.

Shawn95GT said:
Iceberg must have a 'No Hack Talk!¡!¡!' generator. It's almost worthy of a 'best of'.

nah...copy paste works good :)

I don’t mind questions…but don’t let it be a hack one :D

We want this board to be unlike most others….FTA people talking about legal FTA channels.

Michael-Berlin said:
But that's ok! In Germany you'll get 5 years in jail if you hack pay tv!
You can hit your wife or your child and you'll get a few years. But don't hack pay tv!!! That gives you a minimum of 5 years!!!

oh I wish we had that here.......they just get a slap on the wrist here :(

But soon it will end......... :)

I sometimes get the urge to use the nick "Nagra2" and run around those "uncool" forums, posting nothing but sinister laughter with my avatar being a ticking clock.....

I learned that I could get a cheap analog receiver, slave it to my MPEG2/DVB and pick up even more free stuff. I might even know where I can get one free. Now all I need to do is sell a bunch of stuff on Ebay (in order to fund this project) and assemble and install everything. ;) I'll keep reading for awhile though. I am not a "handyman" type and I want to make sure I can handle it.

Shawn95GT said:
I agree. I started back-reading the forum and I'm into about November '04 now.

I learned some cool things - like:

I learned that diplexers work just fine with FTA stuff (saved a question there!)

I also learned a cool trick for pointing the offset LNB: Make up and fine tune the satelite position via USALS vs pointing the dish with 1.2. This makes it easier to keep the sats in order as you hit 'em on the arc. The channel editing software will let you sort the chanels by satellite position (123w, 110w, etc).

It is an interesting read to 'back-read' the forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)