Positive review of my new Dish system

kemguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 4, 2004
Okay, so I just posted a thread with a couple issues I have with my brand newly installed Dish system. Instead of just posting the negative aspect of it, I thought I'd share my thoughts on the positive side.

In regards to the QUALITY of the picture and sound....

W O W ! ! ! ! !

I've had Time Warner Cable for almost 2 years now and WOW did I forget what REAL HD looks like on my tv. I just got done watching Brothers & Sisters on my local ABC station in HD and I can't believe how awesome the picture is on my tv. .. and the sound! I can't remember having it so good!

After I get my 2 problems resolved next week, I am going to be in TV Heaven!

D I S H H D R O C K S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I'm glad you enjoy your new Dish Network system. There are certainly many positive aspects of their service, but I cannot share your enthusiasm regarding Picture Quality since there is little "Real HD" on Dish Network these days.

Still waiting [since October 2005] for VOOM to repair their fiber problem...:rolleyes:

He's entitled to his opinions without being jumped on...

Merry Christmas ya'all!!!

So I logged in this morning and I see someone replied to my message but it was deleted for flaming. What's that all about? A guy can't post a positive review about Dish without being flamed?? What the heck is _that_ all about?

I guess all I can say is if you think Dish HD sucks, you're not watching it on my HDtv. Seriously... I've had Time Warner Cable HD for almost 2 years. I watched 95% HD channels and 5% SD channels so I KNOW what HD has looked like and SOUNDED like from my system. ABC's Brothers & Sisters show in HD is actually one of my favorite tv shows because of how real it relates to many families, mine included. When I watched it last night on Dish HD, I was BLOWN away. The most incredible HD picture I think I've ever seen out of my tv and the sound was just awesome. If you're unhappy with Dish HD, switch to Time Warner Cable HD and see how green the grass is on the other side of the fence.

Loving Dish HD this beautiful Christmas morning :)

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Merry Christmas ya'all!!!

So I logged in this morning and I see someone replied to my message but it was deleted for flaming. What's that all about? A guy can't post a positive review about Dish without being flamed?? What the heck is _that_ all about?

I guess all I can say is if you think Dish HD sucks, you're not watching it on my HDtv. Seriously... I've had Time Warner Cable HD for almost 2 years. I watched 95% HD channels and 5% SD channels so I KNOW what HD has looked like and SOUNDED like from my system. ABC's Brothers & Sisters show in HD is actually one of my favorite tv shows because of how real it relates to many families, mine included. When I watched it last night on Dish HD, I was BLOWN away. The most incredible HD picture I think I've ever seen out of my tv and the sound was just awesome. If you're unhappy with Dish HD, switch to Time Warner Cable HD and see how green the grass is on the other side of the fence.

Loving Dish HD this beautiful Christmas morning :)

Merry Christmas!

Theres always somone that will thread crap given the chance. Glad you are enjoying Dish HD!

I am glad you are excited by your new system. I TOO am very pleased with the HD I get from Dish; even if it is just HdLite most of the time, it kicks butt compared with the SD I had before.

Enjoy it and Merry Christmas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)