Positive review of VIP722 on Audioholics

I think its a great dvr. I dont get around in it faster than I did with my HR series, but it does menus and other things faster. Never see any bugs either. Im just shocked Directv got their 1080p working reliably a long time before Dish is even there.

If I could get my 722 and TiVoHD to mate, Id be happy.

DirecTV has the 1080p running good if you downloaded it (something which Dish is having trouble with) however Dish is still the only satellite company to transmit 1080p via satellite, which is something DirecTV has not done yet.

PPV, in fact a new movies is supposed to begining later today.

Dish has been transmitting at least 1 1080p PPV movie a month for the last few months now.

Keep an eye on channel 501 for 1080p movies.

The 722 I give 4.5 stars out of 5, however the 722k I can only give 3.75 stars due to its annoying bugs which hopefully can be fixed by software updates in the near future.

Thats pretty cool, did not know. Yeah, Id say the 722 is close to a 5, and thats after using moto boxes, sci atlanta boxes, directv boxes, and tivo's.

Id give the HR series, especially the HR20 a 4, and the tivohd a 4.

The DirecTV HR series has gotten better over time, when I first got mine I would have given it around a 3, but over time via improvements with the software I now give it a 4.

The VOD service on DirecTV blows the VOD services of Dish Network away solidly.

I never had problems with the HR20 but I did not get it until its software had matured. Some things I really liked about the HR20 was hit record one, or twice to record series in the guide, quick delete with the red button, quick turn on subtitles with the yellow button. Easily find other showings if there is a conflict. Also like that it buffered whatever channel it is on even when in standby mode.

Dish DVR is great too. I love the M-F, daily, and weekly choices when scheduling a show that is on every day but you don't want to record to replays. The "new" choice does not always work if program guide data does not give a description of the show. I wish it was easier to cancel a timer if you find out it will conflict with something already scheduled. It creates the timer even if you decide you don't want it. Wish Dish had better VOD choices too like list by channel.

Both DVRs are great products. Either one gives you a great value for entertainment dollars.

Too bad they were using the wrong model number (just 722) and showed wrong photo.

The 722 I give 4.5 stars out of 5, however the 722k I can only give 3.75 stars due to its annoying bugs which hopefully can be fixed by software updates in the near future.

I am new and trying learn as much as I can before switching from cable HD to satellite, but what is wrong with the 722k? I did read that the ota module is quite poor, but what else?

Would you rather have a 722 (or suggest that I request one rather than a 722K).

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts