Possibilty or pipedream?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jtaylor42

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Western WI
Not sure if this has been asked yet, but now that Netflix has been available on the Hopper for a bit, is there any possibility that Dish would get rid of Blockbuster@home and use that $10/month and provide Netflix subscriptions to anyone who had BB@H?

My thinking was that Netflix seems to have a better selection and BB remains only as a brand through BB@H so why not just switch to Netflix. I would be fine with both, but it would be nice to pay under one umbrella.

How new of movie releases does Netflix get. Do they have the same movies streaming that they mail to your home. Or how many months after dvd release do they allow streaming of the same movie.

My thinking was that Netflix seems to have a better selection and BB remains only as a brand through BB@H so why not just switch to Netflix. I would be fine with both, but it would be nice to pay under one umbrella.
Dish bought failed BB specifically for the name, so I vote pipe dream. What is currently BB@home was previous Dish Platinum, and it appears more people can remember blockbuster over platinum anyday. It would be a stupid move on their part to get rid of blockbuster name, after paying for it, when people are still wanting it in larger numbers. Also, Netflix would have to agree to a deal, which is unlikely. I see Netflix doing more STB services with say DTV after DTV lost YouTube.

Ok, I guess in retrospect my question should have been, what is the possibility Netflix subscription could be put into or become part of a Dish package even if they do keep BB@H. It would be nice to pay one entity.

Ok, I guess in retrospect my question should have been, what is the possibility Netflix subscription could be put into or become part of a Dish package even if they do keep BB@H.
None! Dish is not it business to give things away...especially to another entertainment provider. Somebody would have to pay Netflix, right? Still pipe-dreaming!

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't mean to cause a stir, did I say not pay, no I said put into a Dish package or become part of a package that Dish has and of course we would pay for it, but everything would be Paid through Dish and Dish would pay Netflix. I know an agreement would have to be reached , but if phone, internet and Dish can be bundled why can't Dish and Netflix. Just wondering.

Wow, I didn't mean to cause a stir, did I say not pay, no I said put into a Dish package or become part of a package that Dish has and of course we would pay for it, but everything would be Paid through Dish and Dish would pay Netflix. I know an agreement would have to be reached , but if phone, internet and Dish can be bundled why can't Dish and Netflix. Just wondering.
It wouldn't make sense for either company. Would be a terrible move.

Reactions: KAB
How new of movie releases does Netflix get. Do they have the same movies streaming that they mail to your home. Or how many months after dvd release do they allow streaming of the same movie.
Last time I checked, their DVD library is more current than their streaming library and larger. Some titles are available for streaming and DVD at the same time though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts