Possible Dish Noob...

Bad6spd

Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Guys, I am researching my options now that V* is gone...The Dish CSR's are less than knowledgeable. I am hoping the expertise here can answer my question. With the provided Dish DVR in their new promotion (522 I believe), can I use my OTA antenna for locals, rather than pay Dish for them, and if I can, will the program guide show the locals that are pulled from the OTA antenna. Voom's STB used to input the OTA directly into the program guide.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Bad6spd said:
Guys, I am researching my options now that V* is gone...The Dish CSR's are less than knowledgeable. I am hoping the expertise here can answer my question. With the provided Dish DVR in their new promotion (522 I believe), can I use my OTA antenna for locals, rather than pay Dish for them, and if I can, will the program guide show the locals that are pulled from the OTA antenna. Voom's STB used to input the OTA directly into the program guide.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

yes you could, but you have to turn the box off
no it doesnt have guide info in it

Only the HD boxed (811, 921) do

Bad6spd said:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Actually, I talked to a Dish CSR last night and 1) he spoke english natively, 2) he actually knew what he was talking about. Much more so than the Direct woman that just kept reading off a script.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)