Possible moving problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cocoon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
I have been moved for quite some time. Until recently I had no problems with equipment being sent to billing address. Customer service assured me they sent the equipment and return boxes to billing address but then I get a call from the delivery company about it being sent to the wrong address.

Does D* ignore this kind of problem or am I totally screwed?

Last edited:
If your acct isn't living large (i.e. 10 receivers with no phone lines, etc) then there won't be any red flags probably at this point. The question is can you get to where the receiver went to pick it up or can a friend ship it? If you have to call in to say it went to the wrong addy you may get some pointed questions from the rep who can then forward info to D* fraud if the answers aren't adding up.

If your acct isn't living large (i.e. 10 receivers with no phone lines, etc) then there won't be any red flags probably at this point. The question is can you get to where the receiver went to pick it up or can a friend ship it? If you have to call in to say it went to the wrong addy you may get some pointed questions from the rep who can then forward info to D* fraud if the answers aren't adding up.

Only 3 machines, 2 paid movie channels, and bills always paid on time. However there is no way to pick up equipment at the wrong address.

So is the equipment at the wrong addy still or was it returned to sender? If returned, then you can always bring up shipping problems in your neighborhood and request it go to your work ("moved" addy). If you're not in the same city though, then yes it will probably bring up red flags if the rep is doing their job.

Don't know what happened but they decided to send everything to correct address instead of just returning it to D*. I hope this means everything will work out.

I moving I am in btwn places right now LOOOOng story but I was told that for D to put a dish on my new place they will have to charge me because I have with them for less then 1 year!! What gives!?!?!?!?!!!!

Cocoon, you should be fine then. No promises of course but it looks good.

Dog6869, it sucks but you've got to be an established customer to get some of the benefits. Just like with a message board where you have to post x number of times before getting certain perks. You may be able to suspend your account until you're in a more permanent place, but will have to wait for a free movers offer.

Sounds like a PITA to move. I'm glad I live at the billing address where my equipment is installed.

Sounds like a PITA to move. I'm glad I live at the billing address where my equipment is installed.

Not at all. Many people have separate billing/service addys as they handle all their bills thru a work location or a permanent home with a vacation home setup.

It's only times when you "move" for other reasons and are not really sure how that works it regards to tech visits, shipments, etc.

Up until the recent incident everything was going perfect. The only problem one would have is when you need to get a technician. You have to take care of that yourself with a local company and not get D* involved.

I kind of wonder if some policy has changed regarding these scenarios.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)