Possible poor installation.

AshDOG

Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
I recently had my dish installed and I think the guy messed up when placing the 61.5 dish by putting the other one on top of it (looks like it's blocking the signal). Well anyways, I live in the Miami, FL area and am getting a singal strength of 28 on a Dish 500 (Transponder 19). Is this a normal signal strength or is it too low? So far I can see the channels fine but i haven't experienced a storm yet so don't know what to expect.

My other dish (the 110/119) seems to be getting an average of 75 signal strength.

Well for the last week or so the 61.5 Satellite TP's 19 and 23 have been weaker then the others (mostly 19 now). Not sure what it is but florida is on the edge of the signal and some people are thinking E* might be moving the signal around a little and because of that the signal drop is seen more by us in Florida and some along the eastern US coast.
I agree with the other poster that your dish might need to be adjusted. My signal is only 40, and I'm in the Tampa area.

Thanks everyone, I called and had a tech come over to check it out. He moved it to a new location and my signal strength went from 20s to the 50s on TP19! And all the other TPs went up on the 61.5 dish! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)