Possible Scam?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stejamand

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Eugene, OR
I got a call from "Dish Purchase Corp" with the number 1-800-333-3474 (I know that number, so that's why I answered). The person said that DISH was moving the satellites and older boxes would not work. I have all Hopper/Joey boxes so that made me suspicious. When they asked for money to be sent by cheque (they claimed it was the equipment company, so it would not be on my bill). That's when I decided to hang up and get I touch with DISH. I was told on chat there are scammers calling and this would be passed I to the executive team.

Reactions: Rixos
I got a call from "Dish Purchase Corp" with the number 1-800-333-3474 (I know that number, so that's why I answered). The person said that DISH was moving the satellites and older boxes would not work. I have all Hopper/Joey boxes so that made me suspicious. When they asked for money to be sent by cheque (they claimed it was the equipment company, so it would not be on my bill). That's when I decided to hang up and get I touch with DISH. I was told on chat there are scammers calling and this would be passed I to the executive team.

Hello. I would like to look into this a little further. Can I get a Private Message with your account or phone number? This will help us investigate this.

In the end do we really know who's who anymore. For all we know Sam could be an imposter.

I just got off the phone with Dish regarding early term fees. In the end I got two totally different answers to my question from two different people all within the same 1hr conversation.

It really is hard to trust anymore....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I've had about four similar calls over the last couple of years about the satellites being moved, and that my 211k was obsolete. I recorded the calls received on 11/25/14 & 1/6/15; don't remember the other dates.

Of course, when you ask them which satellites are being moved and to where, they are unable to answer. I played with them for about a half hour. Finally they realized I was wasting their time.

Claude, it may be "hit or miss" with the scam calls. If they call and you have DISH, great, the scam is in play. If they call and you don't have DISH, maybe they just hang up.

It's not hit or miss. The scammers have access to dish customer lists.

Think of it, not as many people have dish as you think.

I have spoken to the scammers. That's how I got my national dealer licenses helping Dish catch theses scammers.

The last time I helped Dish catch a scammer we traced it to Pakistan. HBO had given a Pakistan call center a list of dish customers to solicit to try to upgrade customers to HBO and was also given access to CSG so they could add HBO to the customers bills.

The scammers also realized they could use CSG and the customer lists to flip accounts and sell the new accounts to retailers for about $109-$150 each.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: DUGGAN00969

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)