Possible to daisy chain signal splitters

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TDOGGY

Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
For example I have the Direct tv satellite mounted outsideand close by there is a signal splitter sending cables to different rooms. From there I have a DVR box in the bedroom but only one cable run to the room. Can I purchase a second signal splitter and mount close to dvr box in bedroom to take and vantage of the dual input function of the box?

Thanks for any suggestions!

T.

on satellite signal u can't split them. what u need is multi-switch. u also need to make sure there is no splitters in your line. hope it helps.

Yes I understand you cant split the signal but can I daisy chain two signal "switches?" I have the original one outside that services all rooms of the house from one Dish. So can I add a second Signal switch in the bedroom off of one of the cables that is coming from original signal switch? Sorry for the misuse of splitter.

u can cascade them, with SPAUN switches. (but is only for commercial use)
with the switch that u have up there. u can't. your best bet is run more line.

There is an eagles aspen switch that I think you can also use to cascade

Many, if not most multiswitches available today are cascadable. You just have to make sure that the one you get is (though it doesn't matter on single sat systems). BUT, it can't be used specifically for the application asked about: you can't take a single cable & use a multiswitch to get more outputs out of it. Each multiswitch needs either two (single-sat) or four (multi-sat) cables run to it from the upstream switch. So, if you only get 101, you'd need two cables run from your existing multiswitch to the one in your room. Obviously, if your goal is to have two inputs to your pvr, you've gained nothing... you have run two cables to end up with two cables, and added a multiswitch that gains you nothing. If you have access to two or three satellites (101/110/119), then you'd need four run from the upstream switch. In this case, you'd be running four cables to get just two in the room. Obviously, senseless.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)